I Wish (Sergio Ramos) #18

"You know when I was a little kid, I'd always wonder who I'm going to marry and what's going to happen to me when I'm older." Annabelle nibbles on her lower lip as she tells this to Sergio while they sit comfortably in their living room. Her hands slide into his, knees touching. "And then I'd tell myself, I'm going to fall in love with the best man ever and he'll accept me for who I am, and not care what others think. That he wouldn't mind being weird with me." Sergio is smiling as she says these words to him. "He'll love me unconditionally and treat me right despite whatever bad happens to us." Her eyes lower to their hands, his thumb running over her knuckles gently as he listens to her. "That's you Sergio. And I want to thank you for not giving up on me when I rejected you." Sergio places his hand on the back of her head, bringing her in to rest their foreheads together.

"I would never give up on you Annabelle." He pecks the tip of her nose. He was happy to hear she was in love with him like he with her. It made his stomach churn with excitement to know. His arms wrap protectively around her, as if all the evils of the world would attack her if he let go.

Sergio returned a few days later to surprise a very eager Annabelle. She had been cooped up in the studio; her second home. With the money she's saved up and a few donations from other local shops, she decided to make initiation gifts. It would be something she'd do for any new person in the class. The gift bag consisted of little knick knacks donated from other shops. It also helped their business as well. There was a few coupons from the smoothie shop next door; one being a free drink. Another was custom logo stickers, hat, and a shirt of her dance studio. There were a few other trinkets like a small bracelet from the store across the street. And a mini paint palette, brush, and canvas from the drink and paint place down the road.

When Sergio shoved roses into her peripheral, it was all he needed to be attacked by hugs and kisses from his girlfriend. Now they were home, hanging around before Sara's dinner party tonight. Little did Annabelle know, she was going to walk into her own surprise party. It was well deserved.

The grand opening would be in a few days and this was the best time to celebrate. Sara had planned everything out and left little for Sergio to do. He, of course would help pay for the catering at least. Everyone important to her would be there. Claudio was even able to come. Though Sergio insisted he pay for the plane ticket, Marchisio wouldn't concede.

Tonight would be the night.

As each of them respectively got ready, Sergio made sure the little black velvet box was tucked into the inside pocket of his blazer jacket. He wrapped a lavender tie around his neck. It was a color that made her eyes pop out beautifully. Plus he knew she'd be wearing a beige colored dress that would complement him as well.

"You look ravishing." Sergio was awestruck as she entered the room from the bathroom. She had straightened her hair more than it usually was. But something about the volume made her hair bounce. He loved the way she cleaned up, though he would argue she was always so beautiful.

The comment made her cheeks heat up. This wasn't the first time they would dress up... He just always sent her heart in flutters. She smoothed put her dress while Sergio helped get her shoes on.

"Thank you handsome." She pressed a light kiss on his lips, still unable to meet eyes with him. Purely because she was flustered. As they descended down the stair case, their fingers intertwined and smiles were adorned in their faces. Annabelle wouldn't have it any other way. She was happy to be able to share intimate thoughts on their relationship. She often wondered when he would pop the question. It was an obvious yes but it didn't matter whether she had the ring or not. She chose him and she was ready to spend the rest of her life with him.