I Wish (Sergio Ramos) #12

Annabelle shook her head as she chuckled. "No Fernando I would never kid about something like this!" She grinned. Finally she had the time to call Fernando up and tell him the great news. She wasn't sick, she never was! Fernando responded with incoherent yelling and excitement. His best friend was as healthy as ever. She only accused her of lying because she took a few days to call him about it instead of finding out the day of. "You're right I'm sorry for not calling first thing." She apologized. Annabelle would have remembered to call, if Sergio hasn't distracted her... for a few days. Sergio came up behind her with his arms wrapped around her waist. He was shirtless while she only stood in her underwear. They were in his house and she'll be there for a while now. He had officially asked her to move in the same day they found out she was cancer free. He wasn't about to spend anymore time apart from her. She was quick to reply with a yes. She realized how fragile her life was and she needed to take risks, she needed to take leaps of faith and live her life to the fullest. Now moving in with Sergio wasn't just a whimsical decision, she practically had lived with him since they were younger, it wouldn't have made a difference. "All right, I love you too Nando. Okay, I'll see you and good luck at tomorrow's game!" She hung up the phone, turned around, and kissed Sergio on the cheek. "Now are you sure you won't be in trouble if you come with me to Italy?" She made sure with him. She hasn't been there in years, she missed her homeland and her best childhood friend. She made the flight arrangements two days ago, she'd be staying with Claudio instead of getting a hotel.

Sergio nodded his head, massaging her waist with his fingers. "Sí, sí. Only three days for me though." He had a game to go back to, sure he'd miss a few practices but he would make the sacrifice. He wanted to spend time with her. The last time they were together in Italy was for her mother's birthday. And it wasn't too much of a joyful memory. She spent the entire time crying but who could blame her, she was standing above her mother's grave. "We can get away from your friend right? Claudio?" She rarely spoke of him but he grasped the fact they've been friends since they were children. He automatically assumed he was gay so it shouldn't have been a big deal. Annabelle told him she couldn't wait for the pair to meet. Her best friend and her boyfriend! She hoped they would get along. Claudio was a brother figure to her since the very beginning. Despite him only being a year older, he was like the brother she wished she had gotten. "Is he going to me beat up." He said jokingly.

"Maybe." She sang as she reached for the toothbrush. They were headed to the airlines in ten minutes and all she needed to do was get dressed. "Now as much as I love your body," She looked him up and down jokingly. Sergio struck a little pose. "You need to get dressed now." She smacked his ass playfully on the way out of the bathroom. Sergio whined and pouted to let him stay with her in the bathroom but she protested. She could never get anything done with him around. As much as she loved having him as her boyfriend, she got less work done now more than ever since he used to be her friend. Of course there were more ways to distract her now. Annabelle still couldn't wrap her head around the fact she was dating her best friend. While she brushed your teeth she wondered how Claudio and Sergio were going to be together. She didn't have the heart to tell Sergio that Claudio wasn't in fact gay like he originally thought. Neither did she have the heart to tell him that Claudio was Claudio Marchisio, the Italian footballer who played for Juventus, was single, and also versed him during the Eurocup. She knew Sergio thought him to be gay so she decided to ride with that idea. It wasn't like Claudio was going to put the moves on her, it wasn't like that with them. Sergio should have the right mind of knowing that. "Vamanos." She hit her bag against his butt from where she stood. Sergio pouted as he rubbed where she hit. "I'm sorry butt face but we have to go." She kissed his cheek as she went out the door. She was so eager to go back home. Sergio could only flow with her enthusiasm.

The entire trip Annabelle was smiles and excitement, she forced herself to sleep because she knew she was going to be staying up late with Claudio all night long catching and telling old stories once again. Sergio was somewhat nervous about how Claudio was going to react with him. He didn't want to show it but he was nervous. He grasp the fact that Claudio was a close friend of hers, practically her family. His opinion on Sergio was going to mean a lot to him. "We're here amor." Sergio nudged his darling awake. Annabelle's eyes fluttered open to wake up to a smiling Sergio. She smiled at him not because she was excited but because he was here with her and he was going to finally meet her best, best friend today! As they gathered their things off the plane, they went straight to customs for their belongings. Once Sergio placed his things by her side, he went to go find somewhere to throw out his gum. While Annabelle was getting the last of her things, Sergio spotted a guy quietly approaching her from behind. The man looked extremely suspicious. He was about to grab for his girlfriend's attention but to his surprise, the stranger hugged her and she hugged back.

"Claudio!" Annabelle exclaimed in happiness as he felt the familiar fuzz of his beard scratch at her cheek. She hadn't seen him in the longest time. He was like an older brother to her. "I've missed you!" She gushed as he felt him squeeze tighter. Claudio chuckled all the while trying to keep on the down low. He was clad in a coat, sunglasses and a scarf around his mouth. "Your disguises are always on point aren't they?" She teased him lightly, lifting the fabric around his mouth.

"Oh shut up." Claudio chuckled, pretending to punch her chin in a brotherly manner. "Where's your other best friend slash boyfriend?" He asked while looking around for Sergio Ramos. He wanted his best friend's boyfriend to be reassured he never saw Annabelle as anything more than a friend. Sure she was beautiful but he's never had feelings like that before. He didn't want to cause a strife between the couple. It's happened before and he was on the receiving end. Despite the many times Annabelle denied any other feelings than friendship to his then girlfriend, it cause a major rift in the relationship and in the end it wasn't worth it: the trouble the lot of them went through. "It's going to be great to finally meet him." He grinned, Annabelle often spoke highly of him.

"Hola. Is this Claudio?" Sergio had a strained smile on his face but Annabelle hadn't noticed it. Claudio on the other hand had. Annabelle nodded her head as she formally introduced them. Sergio showed his hand to shake which Claudio took. It was a stern handshake. "It's nice to meet you. Annabelle is very excited to be seeing you again." He was jealous deep down. Her best friend was a man that seemed perfect to Sergio. Someone that could easily sweep his Annabelle off of her feet just with his looks.

"So you've moved again right?" Annabelle asked as the lot of them climbed into Claudio's car. She took the seat beside him, leaving Sergio to sit in the back by himself. He kept his mouth shut of this, seemingly being forgotten by his girlfriend. He understood that this was her close friend she hasn't seen in years.

"Yeah, some place bigger." Claudio glanced at the rear view mirror to Sergio. Hopefully he understood he wasn't forgotten, they were speaking in English instead of their native language.

"All alone?" She inquired to which he nodded. "You should get a woman, it must be lonely." She shifted in her seat. "Sergio wants to move to a bigger place as well but I'm not so sure about that." She hadn't forgotten about her boyfriend behind her.

"Now are you not so sure about that!" Claudio asked with a smile on his face.

"Baby tell him." Annabelle signaled for Sergio to speak up, looking back at him with a smile. Almost immediately the negative thoughts that clouded in his head were erased by one single look. Sergio grinned back as he leaned forward.

"She and I just moved in together right? And my place isn't big for two people to be living in." He looked to the handsome Italian for a brief moment. "So I told her I wanted to move into a bigger house. That's not bad right!"

"No not at all!" Claudio chuckled. "She's not sure because she doesn't want you paying for anything Sergio."

"Yes she's very modest!"

"Almost to the point where it's annoying!" Claudio and Sergio share a laugh while Annabelle pouted. But on the inside she was glad they were getting along.