I Wish (Sergio Ramos) #3

"Oh just jump off of a bed already Sergio!" Annabelle shoves her oldest, and best friend's shoulder as he continues to crack up. Like she had predicted many years ago, they did become friends; the best. Thanks to him, she learned amazing Spanish, and thanks to her, he had finally made a genuine friend. (Besides Fernando.) Neither of them ever thought their future would have ever been with each other, but it just happened. Just like that. No they weren't dating, Annabelle loved him too much to ever ruin what they built from misunderstandings and hatred. They were just close, really, really close. And she hoped it could stay that way. Lately she's been worried that they would drift apart, they've spent years together, she was just worried he could somehow possibly get bored of his best friend. That topic had come up in conversation before, but Sergio had assured her that would never happened. "¡Puta!" She exclaims, not finding what he had done to her funny. They were out having lunch together, after awhile of being away because of some games, they needed catching up to be done. (Skype, and phone calls weren't enough for them.) Sergio, being the same trickster he always was, pretended to make a toast of their reunion, but this time tipped the glass over her shirt, making it wet with sticky liquid. "I like this shirt." She whines as she dabs it with a napkin. Sergio scoffs, saying he'd buy her a new one. "No. You shall not okay? How many times must I tell you you'll never buy me shit!" She scolds him as she takes off her flannel, thankfully she had a tank under it. Annabelle hated taking money from him, especially with the fact their income wasn't even close to similar. Being who he was now, he made a lot, and compared to her meager job as a receptionist in a dental facility... the numbers just didn't add up quite nicely. Annabelle was always one to give back, and if she didn't have it in her budget to, she'd find other ways.

"And how many times must I tell you that you are my best friend, and I can spend as much money as I want to!" Sergio argues back, taking the wet shirt, and putting it behind him on the chair. His eyes lingered in her chest for a moment, before taking off his jacket. "Cover up." He says through gritted teeth. He shoves it to her, and she rolls her eyes at him, muttering he was at fault here. "Well...lo siento!" Was all he could muster out. "So really how have you been?" He asks as he stuff his hands between his thighs before sipping from his drink. Annabelle smiles at the weather, bright, sunny with a little winds, and she explained that she was doing fine. Job was as it usually was, nothing too special, boring as usual. "You can have off any day right Bells?" He calls her by one of various nicknames, he's made up from earlier in their years together, before fingering the rim of the ticket in his pocket. It was weighing a ton inside, he felt anxious to give it to her, like he always does when he's about to give her something. She nods her head, the taste of coconut enveloping her tongue. She loved piña colada. "Good because I bought you a ticket to Madrid's next home game." He smiles cheekily, presenting the front row seat to her.

"Sergio c'mon I can't take your money!" Annabelle whines, though taking it knowing what he had to do to get his hands on the tickets in the first place. This, along with anything around the holidays, and her birthday, were the only things she'd be able to accept. "How's Fernando? I haven't heard from him in awhile." She stuffs the ticket in her purse, wrapping the jacket tighter around her. She liked the scent it gave off, spicy with a hint of woodsy in it; his scent. For some reason he's decided to stick with the same cologne whenever he and her were together for the longest time. Her mind traced back to when she first really smelled this one him. It was a regular day at school, minus the events of Sergio becoming more openly friendly to the most hated girl in school. (Though it didn't phase the others who still held a ludicrous dislike for her.) She took her usual seat by herself at her own table, plugging her earphones in, and taking out her food. As usual, she drowned out the rest of the world with her Italian pop. As she ate by herself, she didn't notice Sergio plop down beside her, too engrossed in the music she was hearing. The faint smell of spices, and woods clouded her nose, that's when she realized someone was beside her. Taking off the earphones, she turned to see Sergio giving her a smirk. A flush of pink tinted her cheeks as she asked why he was sitting beside her, and he replied by saying everyone at his table was irritable. (At the time he didn't have the heart to tell her he was being questioned for waving to her. A small wave!) She could see from where she sat, his usual table was glaring and he had a defeated look on his face. Annabelle knew they had given him a hard time for waving to her. Without a second thought she rung her arms around his neck, and pulled him into a comforting hug. Sergio smiled at his continuing kindness. "Huh?" Annabelle threw him an innocent look, realizing that she spaced off as usual. Sergio rolled his eyes at the familiar look on her face when she was daydreaming. He's seen it far too many times to not realize what it was.