I Wish (Sergio Ramos) #15

"I thought you were over this Alvaro." Annabelle frowned at the sight of Alvaro who stood in front of her. Sweat coated his face and he was out of breath. She decided to visit the team on her day off. She had nothing else to do, she's been on permanent leave from her job. The type of permanent that involves having to quit. She wasn't happy anymore with her job and decided to follow a different route. One she had yet to discover. Alvaro had been the first to approach her. Of course she wouldn't just turn him away, she figured he would keep it short. By now the rest of the team managed to figure out about her and Sergio's relationship. Had Alvaro really been kept out of the loop or was he really just being an idiot? He had came up to her and asked when the time she was free was. He wanted to again, take her out on the date he was never able to. It didn't take her by much surprise but it has been a long time since they've really spoken. "It's been so long." She muttered. In the distance Sergio had stopped what he was doing to watch his girlfriend talk to his teammate. He wasn't all too concerned because Anna would surely put him in his place. It just irked him to have to watch as Alvaro tried to make his advances. He was too close his girlfriend for his liking.

"I don't know Annabelle there's just something about you tha–" Anna began to drown out his words. He hadn't known. And she had to break it to him, literally break him.

"I'm with Sergio." She abruptly said. She had cut him off in whatever he had been saying to announce his. She didn't realize her voice echoed throughout the field so the entire team was looking toward the two. Alvaro had a crestfallen look on his face when he finally found out. To say he was disappointed would be an understatement, he was heartbroken. He didn't know what she did in order to evict these type of feelings within him. He could tell she wasn't all for him, but he figured with a sway in the right direction he could've seen a potential he had. But of course she had gotten with Sergio, he saw it coming. He was hoping only after he got a chance to take her out on a date. "I'm sorry I thought you knew." Annabelle frowned at the defeated look on his face. She didn't want to hurt him any longer. While she was with Sergio he probably thought he still had the chance with her. She let him know a little too late. Alvaro tried to muster a smile on his face but she could tell it was forced.

"It's okay." Alvaro managed to get out. "I'm really happy you two found each other." Annabelle's frown deepened. She didn't expect him to look as... heartbroken as he was. Before she could reach out and attempt to console him, he scurried off. Something about the bathroom. When he ran off, Sergio was at Annabelle's sight. She had a frown on her face when her eyes met his. He offered her a smile but she shook her head and ran off the same direction Alvaro had went. Sergio pursed his lips at her action, but he knew the type of woman she was. She was caring and sweet. Even if it meant consoling a guy who just got rejected. Sergio wondered how badly Alvaro had wanted her in the first place. The only time he had ever mentioned her was a night the team went out to a club. Sergio had invited Annabelle as well. It was Alvaro's first time seeing her in person, he had only heard things about her. So he came up to Sergio, pointed at Amnabelle without knowing it was her, and said he would love to get to know her. Much to Alvaro's dismay, it had been Sergio's friend he had been raving on about.

Annabelle finally caught up with Alvaro who had been sitting on a bench inside the locker room.. "Alvaro..." Her voice was soft, which surprised him. He expected her to run off to Sergio after their little talk. He didn't know why he was this heartbroken. They never even dated. But their talks were so real, so personal. He felt like they were connected. "I'm sorry I didn't know you felt this strongly about me." She say about a foot away from where he was. "I'm sorry I led you on." It was true she had. She had promised him dates when she didn't make it, she texted him back knowing what it meant to him. On occasion, she'd even answer his phone calls. She should've let him know from the start.

"Annabelle it isn't your fault." Alvaro began. After all, he only had himself to blame. "I should've known you weren't interested. But I kept pushing for it." He bitterly chuckled. He wiped a towel over his face to dry off. His eyes examined her face; the cute nose, the blue eyes, and the beautiful lips. He had fallen for a woman who was never his own to begin with. "So I'm sorry." They remained silent for a few beats, both unknowing of how to go on. "Whatever makes you happy, makes me happy." He said before he got up. He offered her a smile, a genuine one, before he left. Annabelle still felt guilty for what she had done to him. She inwardly groaned before she arose from her seat.

Sergio had been waiting for her to walk back onto the field. Alvaro had walked right past him and went straight to the others to resume practice. He wouldn't even look him in the eye. Sergio didn't exactly know how to feel about it. It wasn't like Alvaro had done anything completely wrong. He somewhat hoped their friendship wouldn't be strained because of this. "Hi." Sergio looked at Annabelle. He couldn't the expression on her face. She rubbed her bare arms and offered him a small smile. She muttered that she felt bad. "He'll get over it neña." He brought her into his arms and kissed her cheek. She nodded her head and kissed his cheek. "Are you going to head out now?" She had only just gotten here.

"In a bit. I wanted to say hi. I think I might go apply to a few places." Sergio knew the situation she put herself in. She didn't like working in the dental office anymore. He wanted to help her back onto her feet; literally. In the sense that he wanted her to pursue dancing once again. He knew that was the only thing that could really make her happy. He would do whatever it takes to make her happy.

(A/N: It's a bit of a filler. I just came up with something to better the plot of this so I hope you guys enjoy!)