I Wish (Sergio Ramos)

Annabelle Miglionico tucked her hair behind her ear as she inhaled a deep breathe. There she goes, about to enter her new class, at a new school, in a new town, at a new country. She barely even knew Spanish. She was still a young girl, not being able to fully comprehend how to pronounce certain words, or read the all new language. All she's ever known was Italian. All she's ever breathed was Italian air, known Italian customs, wore Italian styled clothing. Breathing in Spanish air, and seeing Spanish culture around her was completely new to her. She would clearly be an outsider compared to the rest of the class. Not to mention, friendships surely would have been made by now; new or not. She was transferring in mid semester to a new high school. Teenagers were tough, especially the stereotypical 'popular' ones. She would know; she was one. Now being as mean and cruel as she was to fellow new comers from her old school was going to bite her in the ass. Karma was a bitch. She would find out soon enough. Her fist pounded against the door lightly, though drawing enough attention to catch the eye of the teacher up front in class. She meagerly smiles, offering a small wave. She didn't receive the kind enough greeting she had hoped for. Instead of a small smile or wave, she got a glare from the teacher. Annabelle felt herself shrink as she turns the knob when she was allowed to. Already she knew this was going to be a bad day from the get go. She awoke late, her hair wasn't falling into place, and her suspenders tangled up with her hair. Annabelle wanted to run away, crawl under a rock and just fall asleep. Go back home to Roma. "H-hola." She stammers out as she stares to her new home room. "Me llamo Annabelle." She was able to stutter out. For some reason, they all made her feel vulnerable. Usually she was confident, outgoing, and witty. The fact they spoke another language still quite foreign to her, made her feel weak. They had something over her.

"Bien, bien." The professor waved her off as he ushered her to the empty seat towards the back. Sergio Ramos watches as the new girl walks in his direction, intrigued by her appearance. She obviously wasn't from her, given the fact her hair was golden blonde, and her pale skin. Her clothing also stuck out like a sore thumb. If she were from Spain, typically she would have been darker haired, and bronze skinned. No this girl was from another country, something that wasn't usual for his town. Her Spanish was also terrible; had too much gringo for his taste. Needless to say, Ramos was interested in her. But there was also the factor that she aired a sense of superiority compared to the rest of us. Something he didn't particularly favor.

It wasn't fair to say that Annabelle was a self-centered, heartless person. Yes, she has had her share in making fun of people. But back where she came from, it was either make fun of others or be made fun of. She didn't like her options, but she was reeled into the group who deemed themselves 'popular,' and 'better than the rest.' Yes she could have been a bitch, but she wasn't entirely cruel. She was nicer than the rest of her old friends, she actually watched what she said, apologized afterwards in private, and usually piped in when one comment was too mean for her taste. She had a kind heart, she truly did. This got her the respect she deserved back there. But that was the difference, Annabelle wasn't home anymore, she was in foreign land, and they would probably talk and make fun of the new girl. That's for sure. She had to start all over, and already she knew she had made a bad impression. "Cazzo." She mutters as she feels a pair of eyes burning holes on her back. Annabelle was tempted to turn around, but decided against it. Throughout the rest of the period, she kept to herself, wondering how she was going to survive the rest of the school year. There were only three to four months left, that wasn't so bad now was it? The second the bell rang, Annabelle shot up from her, being the first one out. Sergio had reached out to grab her attention, considering she was only two desks away, before she dashed off. He wondered when he was going to see her again. As Annabelle passed through the hallways, people roughly bumped into her, glaring. Clearly no one liked new kids, especially the ones who dressed the way she did. High-end, name brand, expensive. She didn't know it was the reason that she had been receiving nasty attitudes but Sergio, who had been tailing her, knew that was one of the reasons. Not to mention, some kids around school were just nasty. Sergio called out to her, calling her name. He hadn't known if she was ignoring him, or she really hadn't heard. Needless to say, she turned a corner, and he lost her. He had been stopped in the hallway by some of his mates on the football team.