Part 2.

The sweetest sounds of Anita Baker flowed through the built-in Bose speakers nestled in Shawn Carter's elegant closet

The sweetest sounds of Anita Baker flowed through the built-in Bose speakers nestled in Shawn Carter's elegant closet. He let out a brief sigh as he looked at the abundance of options he could choose from, and came to a halt when he realized how important today was for him; he had to be the best dressed.

Coming across what he deemed his "lucky suit", he pulled the Tom Ford, Windsor Based Peak-Lapel combo and ran his hands over the double stitched silk buttons before laying it down on the plush ottoman. Next, he grabbed ahold of a white dress shirt then placed his Christian Louboutin leather dress shoes on the ground before going back to his bathroom.

After he set the shower to adjust to his favorite setting, he stripped out of his pajamas and gladly stepped into the enclosed space to wash his entire body. He still managed to hum along to the plethora of R&B oldies on the playlist, yet when a suggested song had its turn to shine through the speakers, it sparked a recent memory within him.

As clear as day, the visual of him sexing this new chick Giselle hit him like a ton of bricks. Although it had been approximately two days since their encounter, he still could not get her out of his mind.

Her body. Her walk. Her smile.
Her seduction.

It was rare that you came across a woman who exuded all four so naturally, and to be honest that scared him. Yes, the action of fucking someone he'd just met an hour ago was out of the ordinary, but Shawn really had no regrets — it felt good to him to have that dangerous moment of spontaneity.

Yet for the life of him, he couldn't understand why she'd pulled the fake number card; it seemed so childish. They were both adults who were very well aware of what was taking place, so for her dodge him came from left field. But then again, Shawn didn't know Giselle from a can of paint, so it didn't matter much to him if they were to never see each other again — even though it would very be hard to forget her.

When he exited his thoughts as soon as the song ended, he turned off the shower and quickly grabbed his towel to place it around his waist. He handled his other items of hygiene at the bathroom sink, then finally made it out to now moisturize and get dressed for the day. Getting down to his private garage was a breeze, and he quickly unlocked his car before dipping inside and placing his briefcase on the passenger seat; as soon as his phone connected to the car's Bluetooth, an incoming call startled him.

"Good morning, son!" His father said excitedly. Before responding, Shawn looked at the time and shook his head in a disapproving manner.

"Aren't you suppose to be sleeping in and enjoying your retirement?" He scolded his forever best friend.

"Oh forget that enjoyment stuff, you know I miss the firm more than ever." His father admitted.