Intro.

Tom Ford cuff shirt.
Black Mohair trousers.
Santoni's tuxedo slacks .
Daytona Rolex to complete the look.

Shawn Carter pulled at the edges of his shirt and gently rolled up his sleeves so that they'd be as neat as possible. Since his cut was already sharp, he felt no need to brush his low fade nor add any extra details to his outfit, so he simply settled for a light mist of his favorite cologne.

After double checking that his bedroom was in order, he grabbed his iPhone and made a light trot down the steps to speed up the process of meeting his friends at the bar. Going with the sleek, black Porsche Cayenne Coupe, he pulled out of his private driveway and cruised down the street as soft music played in the background.

His day at the law firm was busy in nature. With having constant meetings, drafting plea deals, and driving back & forth to court wearing him down, he decided that this night out to unwind was necessary. In his mind, a drink or two wouldn't hurt, especially since he wasn't someone who indulged in alcohol too often.

To plenty, Shawn was known to keep to himself; you could always count on him to be the level-headed friend out the bunch. With well manners, he deemed himself as a charmer and had the power to make most women blush with just his sensual smile. Standing 6'2, he maintained a tone figure and chiseled chest, and overall took his appearance very seriously. It was his job to show up primped and groomed working for the law, so he never missed a hair cut or monthly facials; not to mention splurging on a new wardrobe almost every weekend.

While it was evident that this man was far from pennilessness, he never flaunted his wealth unlike the other men within his firm — who he deeply despised. Being taught how to remain humble no matter what blessings came his way did him some good, and it even attracted his most favorite colleagues to cling to his spirit; Tyran, Juan, and Desiree were the only counselors he trusted.

As of late, he was trying to loosen up a bit and take their advice of getting out more to meet a few potential women he could bring home to mom. Sure, Los Angeles was full of pretty women, but after canceling out the gold diggers and those trying to achieve fame, there weren't many genuine ones left that would meet his standards. He had plans to eventually settle down and start a family, but with his career being his number one priority, it didn't bother him to wait a few more years for that perfect someone.

As he approached the last light before his destination, he turned the music off completely and called Dez via Bluetooth to let her know that he was coming in. The exchange with the valet at 1 OAK went smoothly, and he shoved his keys into his pocket before entering the upscale atmosphere — finding his friends right away.

"Well look who the fuck showed up!" Juan exclaimed as Shawn approached their private section.

"You drunk already? .. Not surprised." He replied in a joking manner while shaking his head from side to side.

"Aye, ain't nothing wrong with being a little tipsy; and I got something good waiting for me at home?! The perfect night if you ask me."

"Yeah, but if you keep acting like an airhead there won't be anything happening!" Dez chimed in, side eyeing her husband of five years. How they managed to maintain a good marriage despite having to compete with one another at work left Shawn amazed.

While the group continued to converse amongst themselves, their personal waiter came around and refilled their drinks, being sure to hand Shawn his favorite, Armand de Brignac, known to most as Ace of Spaces.

The whopping total of $850 for the entire bottle didn't phase him in any way, so he gladly popped the top and held a giddy smile on his face as the champagne collided with the chilled glass. Once the foam formed at the top, he sat the bottle down and took a few sips to savor the taste.