Part 8.

A Week Later
(tw: assault)

"Shawn, are you even paying attention?!" Beyoncé complained to her newest attraction; quickly, his eyebrows came together in a confused manner as he eyed her through FaceTime

"Giselle, you never call me by my first name—"

"Because you aren't listening to me; I asked if you like my outfit!" She explained in an anxious tone of voice.

It was her official first day of attending a meeting with those at Alcoholics Anonymous, and she was honestly scared shitless about what the day would consist of. Already knowing that she was a bit sheltered when it came to her emotions, it would be hard for her to even admit to the public that alcohol was something that consumed her life — an addiction not even Shawn understood. In his mind, this was just a consequence of the drinking that took place the night of the fight.

"Yes, G .. you already know you look beautiful. By the tone of your voice I can tell that you're nervous, why?" Shawn replied.

"Would you not? I think going to this is completely uncalled for. I'm still upset you didn't even tell me this was coming.." She mumbled the last part, which caused Shawn to release an unhappy sigh.

"How many times have I told you that if I knew you'd be the first to hear it from me? By time your brother told you, the information wasn't even on my desk."

Beyoncé rolled her eyes and began to straighten out her shirt before grabbing her phone off the bathroom vanity.

"First, check your tone. Second, I'm ending this call cause you're obviously getting an attitude with me for no reason."

"Giselle I don't have an attitude, I'm just speaking the truth."

"Mmhm.." She mumbled before pressing the red button in a careless manner; it was too early for any nonsense to transpire between the two of them.

Ignoring the fact that he was calling her back, Beyoncé ended up placing the phone on DND and grabbing her Gucci Dionysus Python Mini Bag before heading down to the garage, ready to get this drive to San Fernando Valley over with. As she approached a random red light a few blocks away, she finally decided to reset with Shawn and call him back — pleased that he answered right away.

"Okay I'm sorry," She admitted. "That comment was unnecessary."

Shawn took a moment to laugh, "It's cool, G. I know you're a bit on edge but you got this; I'll have my phone on me all day in case you need me."

She gave him a loving smile, "That's all I ask."

"Have you made up your mind about us going out tonight?" He asked after making a left turn into his place of work.

Beyoncé titled her head from side to side in deep thought, "I honestly don't know if I'll have the energy."

Shawn kissed his teeth, "G it's a pottery class, you can let out all of your frustrations on a few mounds of clay." He said persuasively.