Part 20.

The Next Morning

"Are you sure you don't want to partake in some retail therapy with me?" Shawn asked Giselle with a convincing smirk that landed on his face after smothering her neck with loving kisses

Her innocent giggles was music to his ears, and after she reached her arms out to pull his face back in, they met for a subtle kiss. "I'm positive, baby ... I don't think I'm ready to be out in the public again— even with your protection."

"I understand," Shawn replied before standing to his feet. "It'll take you some time to get back into the swing of things; one step at a time."

"Are you sure you need to leave, anyway?" She threw her words back at him.

"As much as I don't want to, yes; I'm going to stop by parents house."

"Oh.." Giselle mumbled quietly while shifting her weight to her elbows. "Will you even be ready to have this conversation with them?"

"I have no choice but to be, Gis.. your safety is on the line and I need to do everything in my power to get the answers you deserve."

A soft sigh escaped her glossy lips, "But what if there aren't any answers? I just don't want anything pertaining to this situation to stress you out even more."

Shawn quickly shrugged his shoulders, "Yesterday may have been a lot to process, but I'm working with a different mindset today. I don't plan to go in there guns blazing, but I will be sure to leave with something."

"Is this mindset possibly upset about last night?" Giselle asked with hesitancy.

Immediately, Shawn gave her an astonished glare; "G, absolutely not." He replied with confidence. "I will never be the type of man that grows upset over no sex; you're healing, and frankly it was ignorant of me to even assume you'd be ready for that so soon. Did I make you feel pressured at all?"

Giselle shook her head no before choosing to sit up all the way. "You were so gentle about it— I just wish I didn't back out that easily." She mumbled the latter portion of her statement as flashbacks from last night clouded her mind.

After she finished her nap and Shawn dismissed everyone from his home, they attempted to engage in a lustful make out session; yet when Shawn's hands began to creep lower, her body became stricken with fear. In the moment, she felt defeated and allowed her recent trauma to make her feel less of a woman—knowing she couldn't properly meet her partner's sexual demand. It pained her to tell Carter that they couldn't move forward, and even though he was more than understanding, the agony of it all sent her into a depressive, downward spiral.

"We'll pick up where we left off with intimacy in due time, but don't for once think that waiting is going to cause me to run away; this man went a whole year without some action, a couple of weeks won't kill me."