Part 4.

Two Weeks Later

Dressed casually in an oversized t-shirt, Beyoncé stood over counter and whisked the pancake batter until it reached the fluffy consistency she was looking for

Dressed casually in an oversized t-shirt, Beyoncé stood over counter and whisked the pancake batter until it reached the fluffy consistency she was looking for. While humming along to the soft music in the background, she sprayed the copper pan with nonstick solution and grabbed a hefty ladle from the utensils container to portion out the batter equally.

As the pan began to sizzle and the batter started to bubble, she added some fresh blueberries — being sure it was a nice amount, just as he liked it. When the wonderful smell emerged from the kitchen, she reached for the thick-cut hickory smoked bacon and added a few slices to the other skillet in a multitasking manner.

"Smells amazing down here." He said from behind her.

She could tell he was in the middle of having a yawn, and once that was complete he placed his warm hands around her waist and pressed against her gently before sinking his face into the nook of her neck.

"Good morning, Carter.." Beyoncé said happily. She reached her head back to catch a glimpse of his face, and quickly felt at ease when he placed a kiss on her lips; she gasped as the palm of his hand connected with her ass check.

"You play too much!" She playfully scolded him.

"You wasn't saying that last night ... or this morning matter of fact." Shawn gloated with a smile on his face, causing Beyoncé to roll her eyes.

After their second sexual encounter two weeks ago, it was pretty evident to the both of them that the pleasure they gave one another was too precious to spare. Frequently there after, they found themselves meeting up at the other's house and sexing sometimes all night long; it was a great stress reliever for the both of them since Shawn still worked through rough cases while Beyoncé simply dealt with her own demons.

"I couldn't sleep after that second round so I decided to make myself something to eat." Beyoncé spoke.

"Just for yourself? That's mean as hell, Gis .." Shawn sounded hurt.

"Oh please, come grab your plate before I really do eat for myself." She teased him.

He did the honors and prepared both of their plates before bringing it over to the dining table along with some fresh syrup and condiments for his coffee and her tea. As they ate in silence, Shawn caught on quickly to Beyoncé's sudden change in mood; she was usually pretty talkative during their morning-after's.

"You okay, Gis?" He asked her softly before taking a moment to stare into her eyes.

"Yeah. Why do you ask?" She said simply.

Shawn shrugged his shoulders, "You just seem a bit down. Usually we bust it up during breakfast!" He exclaimed, hoping to get a smile or some sort of laughter; when nothing came about, he soon understood that there was something she wasn't telling him.