Part 6.

The Next Morning
(tw: death)

"Carter?" Shawn heard Giselle say in a whisper from behind him

"Carter?" Shawn heard Giselle say in a whisper from behind him. It was a struggle to build up the momentum to open his eyes and greet her beautiful face, so he instead pulled her close and took in the scent of her pomegranate & honey moisturizing shampoo.

When Giselle realized that he had given her no response, she lifted her head up and took a peak at his relaxed expression. Her hands couldn't help but graze his chest in a stroking motion, and automatically she began to think about just how attractive Shawn was. The smoothness of his skin almost made her hand grow hot from its warmth and the subtle brown freckles that populated on his cheeks accentuated his face; not to mention the extra plus of his enchanting lips.

Shawn could feel her starting to move around beside him, then eventually the weight of her bottom on top of his lap. Giselle bent down to place the softest kiss on his lips then went lower to kiss around the sensitive part of his neck — feeling Shawn finally place his hands on her hips caused her to smile.

"Good morning .." He finally spoke.

"I'm sorry to bother you this early .. or even kiss you; I'm sure you hate me for how I've been acting towards you lately." She said in a panic.

Shawn began to stroke her lower back, "I'm the farthest from upset with you. You have a lot going on, Gis."

After giving him another smile, she caressed his left cheek then bent down to rest her head on his chest; for her to be this vulnerable with affection was very abnormal.

"I'm scared for today." She admitted after a few moments of silence.

"Why would you be scared?" Shawn replied with confusion.

"Because; ... I'm sure my behavior has made things worse for me in terms of this case."

Shawn released a questionable sigh, "I promise we'll discuss everything once I get to my office. How about for now you get ready and I'll meet you there — breakfast is on me."

He was pleased that Giselle agreed without a fight, but he also felt a bit of emptiness when she moved away from him and headed to the bathroom. After a few more minutes of rest, he decided to get up from the couch and gather his belongings before leaving out the front door. Once he became settled in his car, he eyed the number of missed calls from his boss and even Dez, but decided to not call them back until he came into work — it was for the best since he was still agitated with the move his boss made behind his back.

In the midst of calming himself down, a phone call came through and he quickly pressed the button on his steering wheel to answer; the voice of his father filled the space.

"Good morning, son!" He greeted with excitement.

"Hey Pops, how it's going?" Shawn replied.

Just from his tone, Adnis could sense that Shawn was off his rocker; "I should be asking you that question, you sound drained."