Part 18.

(tw: physical assault)

"I'm way too nervous right now

"I'm way too nervous right now.." Beyoncé mumbled as she laid on her back and stared aimlessly at the ceiling fan above her.

"Wanna smoke? You know that's my first and only suggestion.." Her current source of comfort called out before pulling more covers up to shield their eyes from the bright sun.

"And go to therapy high? Really, Rih? That's you're only suggestion?!"

Rihanna kissed her teeth before making a quick turn to face her anxious friend. "Yes! Cause what the fuck else are you suppose to do?"

"I don't know— pray, mediate.."

"Giselle, God is the last person who wants to hear from you." Rihanna joked, knowing it was best to cover her face again to block the pillow Beyoncé was ready to throw her way.

"Rih I'm being serious!" She replied and soon failing to hold in her own laughter.

"Shit me too!" Rihanna exclaimed before lifting herself up. "Maybe call your man? Have some phone sex or something?!"

Beyoncé rolled her eyes, "Been there done that..."

"Wow, y'all are really some nasty freaks!"

"What did you expect me to do stay dried up for a whole week?!" Beyoncé defended herself, eluding to the recent business trip Carter had to take as soon as they landed back in the city.

"One more day wasn't going to kill you— give your pum a break!"

"Please, look who's talking! All those hookups with old flings in Barbados?"

"Look, that was well over a month ago plus I decided to only entertain the one! Some fine ass Arabic man who was on vacation like I was."

Before Beyoncé could conjure up a reply, the sound of her phone vibrating on the nightstand made their conversation come to pause.

"Oo! It's my man; leave and close the door behind you!" She ordered before taking a quick moment to fix her hair and make her pajamas at bit more revealing.

"It's always my man, my man, my man.." Rihanna teased in a whisper before deciding to walk away. Once nowhere to be found, Beyoncé slid right to answer and soon fell into a daze, gawking over how fine Carter looked getting himself ready in the bathroom.

"You don't understand how good it feels to see your face." Carter immediately confessed before taking a moment to prop his phone against the mirror.

"Awh, babe .. it's so good to see you, too! I'm missing the hell out of you." Beyoncé replied with a light laugh.

"I'm leaving out of here first thing tomorrow morning; should take me no more than five hours to get back into the city."

Beyoncé released a pleasant sigh, "I'll be waiting with a possible surprise— no promises." She teased.