Part 16.

Two Weeks Later
Trail Date

"Would you like another cup of tea?" Carter asked Giselle as they sat across from one another at his dining room table

"Would you like another cup of tea?" Carter asked Giselle as they sat across from one another at his dining room table. With the trail just hours away, both became a ball of anxious nerves the moment they saw the sun rise in the bedroom. Yet despite the inevitable fear that something could go wrong, Giselle was happy that Carter seemed to be well prepared for the case. After working extra hard to gather statements and memorize evidence, she could only hope that today would end in a victory.

"No," She replied while swirling her spoon in the circular motion. "I barely have an appetite cause I'm so nervous— aren't you?"

Carter gently shrugged his shoulders, "In the beginning of my career I was, but now I've mastered the art of remaining calm no matter what the judge or other lawyer throws my way. As long as my evidence is lined up, and your mom and Nicki cooperate, we should be in and out with a verdict in no time."

Giselle cracked a small smile, "Your confidence is definitely rubbing off on me; I guess my biggest struggle right now is preparing myself for Kelly's testimony."

"That will be interesting for sure, but I doubt she'll get some time on the stand— if any to be honest. The truth is stacked against her so the judge may not be interested in hearing what she has to say."

"What a relief will that be, I'm just ready to get this over with.." Giselle replied before grabbing her tea and empty plates to put in the sink. She wasn't surprise to soon feel Carter wrap his arms around her waist, and once his tiny pecks placed a smile on her face, she wiped the excess water off of her hands before turning to face him.

In a sensual manner, Carter raised the back of her shirt and caressed her smooth skin that felt slightly warm to the touch. He then nuzzled his face into the side of neck to smell her sweet perfume, and after pulling away just a tad he made sure they met for a loving kiss.

"I promise to do everything in my power today to make you happy." He said without hesitation.

"Waking up next to you was enough to make my day. Let's just keep these high spirits on our way to the courthouse." Giselle added. She stole one more kiss before leaving him be, and once she made it back to the bedroom she began to search for her perfect outfit of the day. It caught her by surprise with how much stuff she managed to move into his space, but she knew Carter wouldn't complain; he even went the extra mile to move some of his clothing for her to have a dedicated area.

Reaching her hand out to grab the customized Peter Pilotto suit, she held it in the air and began to admire its vibrant violet color, with pink-pipping trim and satin lining. Happy that it came with a corded belt to clench her waistline, she decided to keep the rest of her accessories neutral to not overpower the suit, since she wanted to send the message that today she meant business.