Part 22.

A Week Later

"I swear this Christmas song is the bane of my existence

"I swear this Christmas song is the bane of my existence." Rihanna said aloud as she and Giselle walked side by side through the massive evening crowd at The Grove in LA.

"It's actually very catchy.." Giselle replied in an audible whisper— her fingers swiftly typing a response to Carter's text.

"Catchy?" Rihanna clarified while coming to a sudden stop. "You hate this song more than I do!" She eluded to one of Wham's greatest hits— Last Christmas.

"I did hate this song more than you do, but not since I've discovered it's one of Carter's favorites; he doesn't let a day go by without letting it play. Yesterday, he made us sing it together on our way home from the gym."

Confused coated Rihanna's face, and she continued to squint at Giselle with utter disbelief. "I don't know whether I should be creeped out or low-key jealous?"

Giselle was quick to kiss her teeth, "Girl, neither! I've just learned to accept the quirky sides of my man, that's all."

Repeating the iconic phrase from one of her favorite artist, Yung Miami, Rihanna added in the extra hand movements that only caused Giselle to double over in laughter.

"Did you come up with an idea of what to get him for Christmas?" She soon changed the subject.

"Rih, what do you even get a man who has it all?! It was hard enough to shop for his birthday present." Giselle replied as they turned down the next leg of the mall with intent to head into Saks'.

"You have a valid point; maybe a new watch or set of ties for work?"

"Not you reading my mind!" Giselle exclaimed in an instance. "A watch was at the top of my list, his current Rolex is starting to get up there in age and I need for him to look and feel good all the time."

"Oo Gis, I agree.. you're about to be the best gift giver of the year!" Rihanna complimented her friend once they entered the stainless glass doors.

"Is that my girl?!" The pair hear someone say from behind; as Giselle turned to see who it was, a giddy smile landed upon her face.

"Toni!" She exclaimed with the same excitement. "Long time, no see!"

"Giselle my love, where have you been?!" Her personal shopping associate asked.

"It's a long story," She replied before taking a pause. "You remember my sister, Rihanna?"

"Absolutely!" Toni coo'd. "You ladies ready to shop for the holidays?" He added while going above and beyond to get the girls a glass of champagne.

"I'm actually in the market for a watch— in your men's department." Giselle said quietly at the end; immediately amused at the all-knowing look on Toni's face.