Part 10.

One Month Later

As the final buzzer rang through the iconic Staples Center, Shawn pulled his hands together for a celebratory clap then nodded his head in relief that The Lakers' came out undefeated; the winning of the $500 bet he made with others at work would d...

As the final buzzer rang through the iconic Staples Center, Shawn pulled his hands together for a celebratory clap then nodded his head in relief that The Lakers' came out undefeated; the winning of the $500 bet he made with others at work would do him some good.

"Aye man let's get out of here— the sports' bar is calling my name." Ty called out before standing to his feet. Shawn agreed without hesitation, then grabbed his jacket off the chair before shaking hands with a few other patrons that sat beside him on the court side.

With the weather finally beginning to show its true fall colors, Shawn put on his jacket almost immediately to block out the cold, yet the strong gush of wind overcame him when the stadium doors opened caused his body to shiver.

"We aren't staying long are we?" He spoke once he caught up with Ty— who quickly gave him a odd look.

"Since when did you start clocking how long we hang out? You aren't in a rush to go home to somebody, are you?" He teased.

Shawn shook his head at his boring banter, "Some of us have serious cases to prep for my guy.."

Ty kissed his teeth, "You're so prepared, I bet you have your entire opening speech memorized." When Shawn did not reply, Ty let out a loud laugh. "You really need to relax!"

"No, that's impossible." Shawn began, "This case has gotten even more messy than it was at the very beginning."

Ty took a moment to process what he said for an adequate rebuttal, "Messy how? The girl is going to jail, isn't she? That wasn't hard to figure out ..."

"You would fail your client that easy?" Shawn replied.

"If the outcome was clear as day, absolutely.. what am I defending them for?!"

"..And that's the difference between you & I as lawyers.."

"No, what makes us different is that I don't waste my time trying to find the good in these clients; if the evidence is telling me their guilty, I believe it! Trying to give them a chance to prove themselves is want causes these cases to take up all your damn time!"

Shawn continue to shake his head at the point Ty was trying to prove, yet when Ty made them come to a complete stop, Shawn immediately grew confused.

"You like her, don't you?"

"Wha—my client?!"

"Nah, Queen Elizabeth." ... "Quit playing, bro. Out of everyone in our group of friends, you and I are the closest. I come to you about everything, it's no harm in you doing the same."

"Exactly, because there's nothing I need to tell you. All she is and will ever be to me is a client— simple as that."

Once Ty realized there was nothing more to add to their brief disagreement, he allowed the conversation to fly away as they walked through the bar doors. Since two seats happen to become available in the center of the bar, they quickly claimed them as their own before starting to become comfortable in the bustling atmosphere.