~20~ the duel

trigger warning: death, blood

as they were on their way tommy and wilbur stopped them.

~tristans pov~

as they stopped up no one said a word. it was silent you can hear the wind blowing against the near by trees. dream was the first one to speak up first, "you all fought well for what you were up against." he sounded like he spoke with no emotion, but i could tell he had a smirk on his face.

"you stupid green bastard-" tommy has a way with words i have noticed. he tries to be strong, he desperately tries to. but deep down he is broken he knows it and i do to. he is a kid going threw war, i heard about his little war with dream and the disks.

i am proud of him. for growing up so fast for being a little bit wiser at his age. he can still be a big pain yes but he still is a kid, and nothing can change that. he doesn't deserve this though, at his age i was training for war not participating. im not saying i wont go easy on him or give him my pity, no. i am saying  he is coming along fine for what he has gone through. and i dont blame him if he is a bit clueless or dumb at times, because he is still a child. 

dream was unfazed by his little remarks, instead he gave a laugh at what he had to say.  tommy kept throwing insults towards dream not one to me though?. i stepped off of the path and sat on the grass next to it. i could still hear everything i just now was sitting on the grass, sapnap and george came and sat next to me though. punz left im guessing, none of my business to worry about though.

as tommy was still throwing insults, but he slowly started grabbing my attention. "you know what dream? how about we fight. hmm? right here. right now." he now snapped back. dream was now intrigued i could tell by the way he fixed his footing. it also seemed to grab wilbur's attention too "tommy- no.. tommy calm down."

tommy didnt stop he continued shouting " what about a one verses one dream?" i immediately shot up my head to see if what i heard was really about to come true. "what about a little bow duel?" yup its all true i wasn't going insane even more than i already am. the voices whispers were rising by the second.

i tried to hold it in and not get to joyed for whats about to happen. someone will die today, within the next few minuets or hour.

~3rd person pov~

unknowingly tristan's eyes were flickering from sanity to full on deranged. she knew what was happening, but without knowing her red eyes were fighting for power. power over her. power over everything she desired and craved.

dream noticed and so did everyone else, behind the make he was smiling. knowing that she is very powerful, and thrilled at whats happening in the upcoming moments. and when dream accepted the duel they grey had lost.

she couldn't help but start laughing mostly to herself and the conversations in her head.

~tristans pov~

gods this was amazing, fun, thrilling, this was everything. all the different emotions running through-out my body.

dream and tommy fighting for the lives of their own, but tommy, he is fighting for his life and the life of others. dream has nothing to lose only his self pride and l'manburg, i would pity him if he lost. 

we were now walking to a different part of the path, it was a flat part with a big pond under it. the water wasn't too deep maybe 3 feet of water. we were the first to make it to the spot, as we were waiting for wilbur and tommy to get back here with the rest of l'manburg.