Boom!

"Are we sure this is going to work?" Hunter asked aloud, already knowing the answer she was going to receive.

"This is the best shot we've got." Finn responded, running a hand through his hair.

Bellamy adjusted his gun on his hip, "Listen, more than half our camp is sick. We're gonna die either way."

Hunter scoffed, shaking her head at him, "Don't say that."

He shrugged his shoulder. She knew he was frustrated and worried about everything going on, especially his sister.

"Okay, you can come in now!" Raven shouted from within the tent. Hunter bit her bottom lip and followed the boys inside. The pink goop that was powerful enough to wipe out the whole camp, lay dormant in the jar on the makeshift table in front of them. Hunter eyed it wearily, as did Bellamy. Bellamy's mouth lay open in thought.

"Boom!" Raven yelled in Bellamy's ear, causing him to jump.

He sighed out a laugh, "That's cute."

Hunter's face twitched with annoyance. "Yeah, real cute," She muttered, "Let's play little jokes on one another while our camp prepares for war."

Raven sneered in Hunter's direction. The two of them have barely spoken over the last few weeks, and they both knew why. Bellamy knew why as well, and the tension between the three of them was nearly palpable, so he cleared his throat.

"Relax. It needs an accelerant." She assured them, suddenly shifting into a more professional tone.

The four of them talked about the plan, trying to decide if this was their best shot. Raven persuaded them that this was going to destroy the bridge connecting them to the Grounders, giving them at least half a day to prepare, maybe more.

"We need all the time we can get," Finn agreed, "Like Octavia said, the virus moves fast. Some people are already recovering."

It was already decided that Finn, Raven, and Bellamy would be going to the bridge together to detonate the pink goop. Bellamy was their best shooter; he would take the shot. Bellamy and Hunter decided that it was best if she stayed behind at the camp to keep everyone on track with preparations, and to keep an eye on things, especially because she seemed to be immune to the virus.

"Which one of you plants the bomb?" Bellamy asked. A moment of silence wrapped around them, which made Hunter's eyebrows raise.

She looked over at Finn expectantly.

"I will." He finally stated.

The muscles in Hunter's neck tightened, annoyed that it took him so long to say so, "Hell yeah, you will. This was your idea and if you fail, it's on you."

"You won't pick up a gun, but blowing people up? That you're okay with?" Bellamy interjected.

"We are blowing up a bridge. There won't be people on it." Finn responded.

Hunter shook her head and let them talk it out. Meanwhile, Raven's body language had shifted and Hunter took note of this. She eyed her as Raven turned away from them. After almost 13 years of friendship, she knew when something was up.

"The appearance of strength, you mean." Raven interrupted the boys' conversation, and Finn nodded in response, sounding defeated.

"The men who built the A-bomb thought they were peacemakers, too... How'd that work out for them?" Bellamy asked, knowing that this was only going to lead to more violence in the end, but whatever helped save his people was enough.

Hunter sighed, squeezing her eyes shut, praying that this would work and that they had more time. They needed more time to train, needed more time to learn to fight, and build more defenses... but she knew that they would never be ready for what was coming.