Message

Yes, I know, I'm late.  I'm sorry!! Share, comment, like and vote! Enjoy

"Bottle" by Texture Like Sun

~~~

Octavia and Hunter must've been walking for hours.

"I'm tired." Octavia complained, rolling her shoulders.

"We can stop for a second." Hunter sighed, tired as well. Her leg was aching a little too.

Octavia ran a hand down Hunter's arm before sighing. "Drink something, you're running a fever again." She pushed their water into Hunter's hands.

Hunter felt a strange twinge in her chest and smiled, "Thank you."

"Bellamy!" Octavia suddenly yelled, startling Hunter.

She choked on her water as her friend bolted for the moving figure, "Octavia, wait!"

Hunter gave a sigh of relief when she saw it was truly Bellamy.

"You lied to everyone. You lied to me." She heard her say softly.

"Go back to camp, it isn't safe." He told the two of them.

"You just want whatever's in that pod." Octavia started to get nasty, angry that he had lied to her of all people.

"Just go home!" He demanded and pushed her roughly.

"Bellamy!" Hunter exclaimed, moving toward the two siblings.

"You always want to play big brother, huh?" Octavia snarled. "Well, guess what, joke's on me. You're just a selfish dick."

"Guys, please." Hunter protested, trying to get them to quiet down.

"Not now, Hunter!" Bellamy yelled at her. Hunter gave him a dirty look.

"Don't yell at her!" Octavia shouted, frustrated and annoyed with him.

"I did this to protect you, Octavia!" He took a breath to calm himself down before continuing, "If the Ark finds out we're alive, they'll come down. And when they do, I'm dead."

Octavia's eyes flickered with concern. She licked her lips, thinking for a moment. "What did you do?"

Bell paused. He closed his eyes, struggling to tell. "I shot him. I shot Jaha."

Hunter blinked, surprised to hear that. He killed Jaha?

"I found out they were sending you to Earth. I couldn't let you go alone, O. Someone came to me with a deal. Kill him and then I'd be on the drop ship." Bellamy explained quickly, trying to get Octavia to listen. "And I did it."

"You killed the chancellor?" Octavia asked, breaths shuttering out from her body. Her eyes connected with Hunter's, but Hunter looked away. She wouldn't tell Octavia, but she understood why Bellamy shot Jaha. She would have done the same thing for Charlotte.

"He floated our mother. He locked you up." Bellamy listed, but Hunter could hear what he was thinking. 'He took everything from me.' "He deserved it." Bellamy finally said.

"I didn't ask you to do that." Octavia said, shaking her head rapidly. She didn't want to take part in this, didn't want to be the reason he did such a thing.

Bellamy took a breath, rolling his lips together. "You're right. I made this choice, this is on me."

"I didn't ask for this, any of this." Octavia's voice shook, tears building up in her eyes. Bellamy turned away.

"Octavia, wait!" Hunter yelled after her for the second time. She contemplated going after her, but Bellamy started to run toward the cargo ship.