Choosing Vulnerability

AN: Just a warning that this contains nudity, sexual content, and sex. Not a lot, but descriptive enough. 

A soft breeze blew across Hunter's face, her hair tickling her cheek. Her eyes flickered open. There was quiet murmuring in the distance from the kids on watch, and by the way the sun weakly shined through the tent, Hunter knew it was barely just after sunrise. She began to stretch every aching muscle, starting at her feet and working her way up. Bellamy hummed softly beside her, catching her attention. His lips were parted slightly, his breathing slow and steady, and his facial muscles were relaxed. She rolled onto her stomach, inching closer to his body.

He slept shirtless, he always did. Her eyes hungrily traced every muscle of his body, her fingers following after. He was sweating due to the heat of the incoming day, signaling to her that it was going to be hot. When her fingers reached his neck, she took a detour and traced her way up to his ear. His face twitched. She slowly moved across his cheek and to his strong nose, down his Cupid's bow. She took her time tracing his lips, which had regained their original pink color after losing it to the virus for a day.

His eyes began to flicker, his face slowly regaining its tightness. She waited for him to wake further, continuing her exploration of his form. Finally, his eyes opened and met hers.

"Hey," She whispered softly to him.

He hummed, not wanting her to stop tracing his face. Her fingers felt too good. He pulled her closer gently, his hand slipping under the fabric of her shirt to rest on the small of her back. His hands on her caused her to bite her inner cheek.

"Bell," She whispered, waiting for his eyes to open again, "will you come to the stream with me? I wanna bathe..." She trailed off.

He looked at her slightly more sharply than before, the sleep draining from him at her request. They had only slept next to one another so far. He didn't want to push her too far; he wanted her to be comfortable and move at her own pace, but damn, he wanted to kiss her. He moved his face a little closer to hers.

"You don't want Octavia to go with you?" He asked her quietly, his voice rough from disuse.

Hunter's eyes flickered to his lips, and after a brief pause, she shook her head.

Bellamy's lips twitched with a smile, but he controlled himself. He nodded, "Okay, I could use one too after yesterday."

A smile grew on her face, "I know, that's why I suggested it."

He allowed one to grow on his own. "Oh yeah?" He asked, both of his hands now on her, digging into her sides, "That's why, huh?"

Laughter flew from Hunter's mouth as his fingers danced over her ribs, "Yeah!"

Bellamy chuckled deeply, but he grew serious, "We should go now, just in case."

She knew he was referring to the Grounders.

"The earlier we go, the better. They'll still be recovering from the bomb on the bridge, most likely." She agreed, her fingers swiped over his collarbone, which still had a little dried blood on it.

"You go wake Clarke up and let her know, I'll get packs ready."

She nodded, and slid her body away from him, getting onto her knees and stretching her arms above her head. Her bones popped and muscles tensed. He eyed the patch of skin that was exposed as her shirt lifted slightly. His gaze grew hungry, and when her eyes connected with his, her heart jumped at the sight.

Before anything was to happen, she got to her feet, grabbing his shirt from the floor and tossing it to him, "See you in a few minutes."

~