Shot of Courage

("Soul Wars" by Awolnation) I love this band.  This chapter is basically going to be their songs (Hunter would definitely listen to them).

Enjoy!

I love you!

~~~

Hunter paced back and forth in front of the Grounder. Her feet dragged with every step and her head pounded with ever beat of her heart. Her eyes closed again and she struggled to open them, nearly falling asleep on her feet. She looked over at the man, he was swaying on his feet as well.

She bit her lip, trying to decide if she should do what she wanted. She closed the hatch quietly and placed a pipe through the handle to keep it closed. She didn't need Bellamy coming up and finding her like this.

The Grounder looked apprehensive of what she was doing. He watched her closely as she approached him.

"Octavia cares about you... So I guess, I do too, for her sake. Even if you did help kill my friends." Her face twitched with anger, but she controlled herself.

She grabbed her container of water and showed him what it was. He no longer looked sluggish, his mouth began to water. She put the nozzle to his lips and let him drink.

"Okay, okay, you're gonna puke if you drink anymore." She laughed, pulling it away from him.

"If I feed you, can you not bite my fingers off?" She whispered to him, making sure to gauge his reaction.  When he didn't respond, but his face seemed innocent enough, she grabbed the small bag of nuts she had beside him.  She showed him what they were and took a few in her hand, slowly bringing them to his mouth.

"I swear I didn't poison them," she said when he refused her offer, "can't say the same for you." She glared at him.

She tried again, but he kept his lips pressed firmly together.  She gave up, rolling her eyes, and popped a few in her own mouth.

"Okay, I'll get Octavia." She sighed.  She removed the pipe from the hatch and threw it open.  She stuck her head through the opening goofily, knowing Octavia was sitting directly below them. Octavia hadn't budged, she sat there all night; she refused to leave and Bellamy refused to let her see the Grounder.

If Bellamy knew that Hunter was allowing Octavia to visit him during her shifts, he would have an aneurysm.

"Octavia, my love!  You can see him-oh." Hunter stopped short, cursing quietly when she saw Bellamy.  He turned to look up at her, a very serious glare on his face.  Hunter gave a nervous laugh, "Oops."

"Hunter, get down here now." He demanded, hands on his hips.  His voice told her not to question him, but she couldn't help it.

"No." She shook her head.

"Now." He growled, his eyes darkening with anger. Her stomach knotted.

"I have an injured knee, can't you come up here?" She gave him a smirk, which only made him worse.

His tongue ran along his teeth and he cleared his throat.  He looked back up at her and she knew the joke was over.  Her shoulders deflated.

"Fine." She grumbled like a child.  She climbed down the ladder slowly, making sure to glare at Octavia, who was hiding her smile.

His large hand wrapped tightly around her upper arm and he dragged her into the corner of the drop ship. She huffed, annoyed at his controlling behavior. He didn't say anything, just stared at her, silently reprimanding her for her actions.

"She... I blame her!" Hunter exclaimed, pointing an accusatory finger at his younger sister. The teen scoffed, crossing her arms. "She pressured me and I felt like I had to; blame it on peer pressure."