Monsters of Another Kind

Vote, comment, and share! Don't forget to enjoy! -Brea xx
("Monster" by Imagine Dragons)

Hunter's eyes snapped open. She laid in bed, listening; something had woken her. Hunter's ears perked at the sound of boots approaching the cell door. She sat up quickly and made her way for Charlotte. She covered the kid's mouth and brought her finger to her lips, telling her to be quiet.

"Char...they're gonna take you in a few seconds, but I promise, you'll be fine. They're not going to do anything to you. I swear to you, I'll protect you. Nod if you understand." Hunter whispered just as a flashlight was shone through the door's window. Charlotte nodded, eyes wide with fear.

The cell door flew open and a few guards rushed in.

"Prisoners! Face the wall!" They yelled.

Hunter glared at them, arms crossed in defiance.

"Turn and face the wall." The youngest one commanded, placing a hand on his gun.

"Well... don't you look tasty." She said seductively, sending him a wink.

He grabbed her roughly and shoved her against the wall, her chin scraping against the rough metal. She hissed at the sting. "Ooh, I like it rough." She said breathlessly, giving a choked laugh. She smirked as she heard him grind his teeth.

"Hunter!" Charlotte was terrified. They were lifting her from her bed and carrying the poor girl toward the door.

"You'll be fine, Char, I promise." She yelled back, straining to make eye contact with the girl. Hunter bit the inside of her cheek, she hated that Charlotte was scared. She was suddenly fighting against the tight grip that was holding her. She felt like she couldn't breathe, she was trapped. "Get off of me!" She yelled, kicking her legs back.

"Enough!" A familiar voice boomed from behind them. It was Rick. "Just put the god damn bracelet on her and let's go!" Then she heard his boots retreating from the room.

The nasty guard was still seething about her comments. He turned her around and gave her a nasty look. Another guard approached and held her wrist tightly. She pulled her wrist back toward her chest, but realized he was only putting a bracelet on her. When it closed around her wrist, it felt like she had received a shock, a small amount of electricity raced through her wrist. She jumped back not liking that feeling. He left when it was secured onto her wrist.

"Here, Z." Now there was only two guards left in the room. Hunter didn't like "Z" at all. He was too cocky and too forceful. The other guard had a smirk in his voice as he handed Z something.

Z turned back to her, a wicked grin on his face, he was pushing something in her face. The sound of buttons being snapped closed made her eyes widen. It was a muzzle, what a joke. It covered the bottom half of her face, keeping her mouth shut tight. She let out a growl, which only made his grin grow. She clenched her hands into fists and bit her tongue, not wanting to make more of a joke out of herself.

Kane entered the room, his eyebrows twitching at the sight of her in a muzzle. "Let's go." He didn't say anything about the muzzle or the way the guards were snickering. They steered her out of the cell, walking her down many corridors. Hunter kept her head up, glaring at anyone that stared at her.

Hunter could hear the kids screaming, they were close by and they sounded very upset. They thought they were going to be floated, killed before their eighteenth birthdays. Kane and the guards led her into a room, she could still hear the kids but it was muffled now. The Council sat looking at Hunter.

"Hunter, you'll be leaving soon." Abby said and gave a smile, but there was something there. She looked upset and then Hunter remembered that her daughter, Clarke, had been arrested. Hunter shook her head and rolled her eyes.