Mist

That's the train!  Isn't it cool!  

Stressed Out by Twenty One Pilots 

Thanks for reading my crappy story! 

~~~

Hunter was pacing in the drop ship, rage coursing through her veins.  She just wanted to get back at Murphy and finish it.  She would feel so much better once it was done.  

"Hunter." A small voice spoke from the doorway.  

Hunter squeezed her eyes shut and slowly turned toward Charlotte.  The kid looked worried.  "What's wrong?" Hunter asked her, feeling her blood pressure sky rocket at the look on her face. 

"Nothing is wrong with me..." She trailed off. "Look, I'm sorry about what I said before you went looking for Jasper, I didn't mean it.  I was just upset and hurt that you didn't want to take me." 

Hunter sighed, "It's not that I didn't want to take you, I just-" 

"I know, and I understand now; you had just discovered there were people still here, I know."  She slowly approached Hunter who's fists were clenched.  "But whatever is going on with you now, you can tell me.  I'm sorry about what I said and I'm not upset with you anymore." 

Hunter felt dizzy again, so she sat down.  "He took my bracelet." 

"Who?" Charlotte sat beside her, looking at her with those eyes that Hunter could trust easily. 

"Murphy.  He knocked me out and then took it." She growled and rolled her neck. 

"Did Bellamy order him to?  I saw you guys fighting." 

"No," Hunter said quickly, confusing herself along with Charlotte. "No, he was trying to help me.  He's a pain in the ass, but he was only helping."  

"Okay..." 

"But Murphy is who should be held responsible, it's not enough that he has firewood duty.  It's not enough.  He hurt me.  He took the only thing that was keeping me alive on the Ark." She railed.  He took the only chance I had at redemption.  The only thing that kept me connected to my parents.  She wanted to hit something.  

"Don't let the hatred eat at you." Charlotte gripped Hunter's hand.  "You said that to me, Hunter.  Please, look what it's doing to you." She forced Hunter's hand open, revealing cuts made by her nails. 

"If I just finish it, I'll feel better." She conceded, sounding broken.  

Charlotte found a piece of cloth and began wiping away the blood, "What do you plan to do?  Kill him?  That will only make you feel worse and you know that.  You're still reeling over the fact that you killed that guard.  You can't handle anything more on your conscience."  

Hunter stayed quiet.  She felt so defeated and helpless.  "How am I suppose to keep you safe when you sound like you're smarter than me?" 

"I am smarter than you." Charlotte laughed, making Hunter smile a bit.  

The two girls decided that they would help the rest of the camp build the wall.  They teased one another, trying to patch things up further in their own way.  

Charlotte was too grown up for her age.  Hunter supposed she had to be, both of her parents were floated and she was forced to live on her own.  Hunter had once told Charlotte about her mother, claiming that her sickness made her another person.  Charlotte disagreed and said that it made Hunter a different person.  Hunter was astonished at the undeniable truth.  

"Hunter, let's go." Bellamy interrupted the giggling between the two girls, very abruptly might she add.

"Where are you going?" Charlotte whispered to Hunter as she gathered some of her stuff.