Softened Eyes

(M83- "I Need You")  I had all the feels while listening to this song.  

Vote, share, and enjoy! Thanks for reading! - Brea

Oh yeah, Happy Valentine's Day!!! 

~~~

As soon as she entered the drop ship, Jasper's moans made her want to leave again.

"Hunter," Clarke yelled from upstairs, spotting her through the hatch, "Get more water!"

"Please!" Octavia added when she saw Hunter hesitate. 

She nodded and sprinted toward the water tent.  She grabbed the jug and filled it to the top, hopping up and down on her toes.  

"That's a waste of water." She halted, pulling the jug close to her chest, protecting it from Murphy. "He's gonna die anyway, so why waste the water?" 

"You don't know that, Murphy." She replied, turning to leave, but he stepped in front of her.

"I do know that.  If he doesn't die on his own, I'll kill him myself." He gave an evil laugh.  Hunter could see the evil and the cruelty, it was in his eyes and it scared her.  Her eyebrows furrowed and she wondered if people saw that when they looked at her. 

"He deserves to live.  Why are you being so cruel?" Her voice shook with rage.

"Who are you to decide who deserves life or death," he scoffed, "You are the lowest low there could ever be.  You should be dead."  His words were true.  She should be dead.  She killed a man.  She wasn't doing a good job at protecting the kids so far, but protecting Jasper...  She would do that.  She would do that right, no matter what the cost.  Hunter knew it was the right thing to do, could feel it in her stomach.  

Hunter attempted to go around him, jaw clenching when he blocked her path again.  "Murphy," She growled, "Just get out of-" 

Time seemed to slow as she watched his hand shoot out from behind his back, gripping a large rock.  He hit her square in the temple, watching her face contort in pain.  There was an explosion behind her eyelids, warmth spread over the side of her face.  

When she opened her eyes again, she was on the ground looking up at Murphy.  He was grinning at her, speaking to her with a cold voice, but she couldn't focus on his words.  

"N-No, no." She heard herself say.  His grin only grew, mistaking her words for pleads.  She was not pleading, would never plead with anyone.  She would not be weak.  

Except she was right now, she couldn't defend herself.  She was powerless and it disgusted her, that's what she meant when she spoke.  

Her wrist hurt suddenly and her mind caught on slowly to what was happening, she tried rolling over to protect the bracelet, but only succeeded to turn onto her side.  Murphy dangled the bracelet in front of her face, taunting her, laughing at her.  Hunter cried out; it was soft and pained.  

Now the Ark would think she was dead, no longer protecting the kids.  They would watch in horror as the numbers continued to decrease, Bellamy and Murphy convincing the kids to remove their bracelets, and think that the Earth wasn't safe.  

"I didn't leave the kids alone.  I'm not dead." She thought, words slurring even in her head.  "Maybe I'm dying though... What about Charlotte?"  

"Are you happy now, Hunter?" Murphy asked her, kicking her in the spine.  She let out a groan, body growing weaker by the second.  Her vision was going, making it seem like she was looking through a tube or a tunnel.  She wondered if when people died that this is what they saw, this was the light they spoke about.  Blood rushed to the wound on her head with every beat of her heart, making it hurt more and more.