Chapter 18 Heavenly Hug

It was the weekend after school just opened, I remember relaxing in my bed doing my homework, when I here my phone beep, I lazily open up my messages and guess who sent me a message, its from Liam.

Hey, how are you, it's uhm, me, Liam, if you still have my number saved, if you don't, it's me, Liam.

Wow, did I just read that out correctly, was this really Liam messaging me. Now my phone beeps again, this time it's from Mel.

Hey Paige, you will never guess who asked me for your number.

I frantically text Mel back. I know right, I just got his message. I take it you gave him my number, lol.

I'm sorry, was I not supposed to???

I'm now trying to figure out what to say to Liam. It's weird that he decided to chat to me on messenger, I mean I think we were banned from conversing on social media with each other, but here he is messaging me.

Hi Liam, what a surprise, a message from you, what is the occasion?

Well I think I just missed you Paige.

That last text message was so confusing, he missed me? Why would he miss me, he was the one to push me away for two whole years, he was the one who didn't fight for our friendship, he was the one who let me go and now he misses me, what changed, I had all these questions to ask him, but I realised that I didn't want to complicate my life anymore, I just got over this whole situation and I was in the process of getting my life sorted out, so I sent him this.

That's weird, does Viola know that you are messaging me right now?

No she doesn't, I have learnt from my mistakes in the past Paige, I can't let her catch me this time. So now about you, how have you been?

Hold up, why are you secretly messaging me?

I told you Paige, I just missed you, and I missed having a hearty conversation.

So basically what you are trying to say is that you can not have a hearty conversation with your girlfriend?

No, all I'm saying is that I miss having a hearty conversation with you Paige, with you.  Can we stop speaking about Viola right now.

After reading his last text message I don't know whether to be thrilled that he finally wanted to stop talking about Viola or to be concerned, what was going on between them, there must have been something, maybe they had a fight and he was rebelling against her.

Liam, I am thrilled to have my "friend" back, but I know that something is wrong, what's going on?

Wow, 2 years later and you still know your best friend huh.

What is up with this couple and singling me out as their best friend, well Liam and I were best friends, past tense, we were, but we weren't for a long time now.

Spill the beans. Was my reply, because now I was inquisitive, I wanted to know more.

I really don't want to talk about it, you know how she can be, but we decided to make things work regardless.