seventeen

『stay』

the resort was quiet. the moon and stars lit up the sky as the ocean refleced it, only the sound of waves and whispers of the wind could be heard. manaow couldn't sleep, while her other friends are snoring loudly. of course, everyone wanted to relax their aching mucles from the whole ride even though they were just sitting in the bus the whole time.

but the girl doesn't seem tired as she walks barefooted and her flipflops on her hands, a small smile on her face as the waves tried to catch her which it did, wetting her foot that's already covered in sand. as her hair softly sways, her mind wonders like the sea, it never calmed. the thought of sarah slowly crawls in her mind reminding her of what happed in her apartment. she never knew that the popular girl of her school could also be such a fun person.

finally getting tired of playing with the waves, she sat a little bit far from the waves using her flipflops as a seat so her clothes wouldn't get dirty. 'i wonder how she's doing now' she thought as she ran her fingers through her hair.

after sarah spend the night at her place, they both said their goodbyes and it seemed that in one night, a bond was formed and to manaow when sarah left, her apartment never felt so empty before. like something was missing, like she's missing someone.

a sigh escaped her thin lips. "i hope you're doing alright." she whispered to the wind, hoping somehow it would reach to someone that's been running in her mind.

-

blaring music and flashing lights surrounded a house filled with teens having the time of their life holding red cups. sarah sat on a couch with her so called 'friends' chatting and talking about boys or gossiping about someone. though her bruise haven't healed yet, nothing a little concealer can't fix.

when her friend daisy texted her about a party, she immediately replied yes. why? well she is the most popular girl in school, she's not just gonna sit around in her room and cry about a boy. yes, she's hurt but she's still a strong woman and tonight she's gonna make that boy regret even touching her pretty face.

her hips swayed and danced to the beat of the music surrounded by boys eyeing her and girls envying her. her ex, standing there wide eyed as he looked at a girl he broke, now fixed, made him regret every single life descions he chose. his once 'lover' is now dancing with another guy looking so happy like never before.

when sarah saw the guy walk out, a small smirk appeared on her face but soon faded as she remembered the one who saved her in the parking lot. now, even though she's being surrounded by a lot of people and friends and also got back at her ex-boyfriend, she had never felt so alone.

she felt like the time stopped and so did the music in the room and the only thing she could hear was the soft giggles of a certain girl, her mind played a moment where a blushing and smiling manaow is standing in front of her, from when they were at the parking lot.

'i'm not alright.'

-

earlier, when boun arrived after getting some food for the hungry prem, he was greeted by the latter now laying like a starfish during lowtide clinging to a rock like a life line, but only prem is clinging to a pillow. his eyes shut tight and likely sweating even though the air conditioner was turned on.