Friendly Fire

POSSIBLE TW: Implied execution, past death

"Let me guess. . .You've come to me to kill me, right? Hmm. . .I can't say I'm surprised."

   The fluffy-haired boy turns to face the brunet, finding himself staring down the barrel of the gun in the shaking hand of his targeter. "Hinata-kun has finally found out about me and what I've done huh. . .Aha. . .Ahaha. . ."

   Hinata tries to steady his hands, trying to push all emotion out of his mind. This is no longer Komaeda Nagito, beloved boyfriend and reliable sidekick. The one who gave the best hugs and knew how to prepare his coffee perfectly. The one who waited for him when he first woke up here and comforted him upon the announcement of the killing game. 

   This is just a Blackened now. The killer of Sonia Nevermind. 

   The rest of the class is relying on him to finish this. He's the only one who can.

   ". . .I'm sorry."

   Komaeda smirks, leaning forward and lounging against his podium. "For what? You haven't proven anything yet. You don't know the murder weapon. You don't no when and how-"

   Hinata fires.

   "No, that's wrong, Nagito. . .while everyone was distracted by the fire, you slipped away-Tsumiki watched you go, and ambushed her on the way back from the washroom with the bloodied knife discovered at the scene. . .the same one I found under your bed I never told you I saw." He refutes, voice laced with hesitance.

   Komaeda's face goes blank for a second. And then his lips spread into a wide smirk, eyes swirling with both Hope and Despair. "Hehe. . .HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! YEP, THAT'S ABSOLUTELY CORRECT, MY DEAR HAJIME! THIS TIME, MY PLAN WAS ACTUALLY SUCCESSFUL! BRAVO, I SAY, BRAVO, I SIMPLY MUST COMMEND YOU!" He screeches, clutching himself and laughing like a maniac.

   "Oh my God. . .He's still totally crazy!"

   "Kill him. . .Kill him now!"

   Hinata hesitates again, staring Komaeda in the eyes. ". . .You promised you wouldn't do it again," He whispers, voice shaking slightly, "I can't believe you lied to me."

   Komaeda sighs, shaking his head slightly as he continues to grin. "It's your own fault for believing me. So naive, my little Hinata-kun. . .Too bad."

   "You were trying to be a better person. . ."

   "I'm nothing better than I am right now! Think of all of the dazzling Hope that will be birthed from the Despair of the death of someone as amazing as Sonia Nevermind!"

   "Monokuma, please!" Mioda wails, "Start the voting! He's too creepy to be left alive any longer."

   "Will do!"

   . . .

      . . .

         . . .

   KOMAEDA NAGITO HAS BEEN FOUND GUILTY!

   "Correct!" Monokuma snickers, "Komaeda is the killer of Sonia Nevermind! Good job!"

   The brunet's legs give out and he has to support his body on his podium, tears slowly starting to flow down his face. "You. . .really did it. . ."

   Nagito's eyes soften for a brief moment. ". . .I'm sorry, Hinata. . .I really tried. . ."

   "NOW THEN-LET'S GIVE IT EVERYTHING WE GOT. . .ITSSSSSSSS PUNNIIIIIIISHMENNNTTTTTTT TIME!"

   "I love you." The fluffy-haired boy says as the collar closes around his neck. 

   "I loved you." The brunet responds sadly.