"I Had No Choice!"

Nidai Nekomaru is dead.

   Hit over the head with a bat before being beaten to death with it. How horrible it is as well!

   Everything was going so well! The hope of the Ultimates was stopping the mutual killings so why was the Ultimate Team Manager dead?!

   Komaeda looks around, gauging the reaction from everyone gathering at the scene, looking for any faults, any dents in the emotional masks. He huffs, stroking his chin thoughtfully as he proceeds to survey the scene, looking for clues.

   What kind of motivation would get Nidai-kun dead? Monokuma hadn't even given a motive yet, so why? This entire situation is peculiar. . .

   Alright, let's get to work!

-

   "Hey, Hinata-kun," Komaeda murmurs, touching the brunet's arm and making him jump, "Can we talk for a second? There's something that's been bothering me for a while."

   Hinata flinches. "What? Oh, yeah, s-sure!"

   Komaeda nods slightly. "Mhm. Let's talk in my cottage."

-

   "Say, Hinata-kun. . .You killed Nidai-kun, didn't you?! It was you, wasn't it?"

   Hinata jumps again, trying to feign confusion. "Huh?! W-What are you talking about, I would never kill anyone! Why would I?"

   Komaeda grins real wide. "So it was you! You're such a bad liar, Hinata-kun! Don't worry, though, I can help you!"

   Hinata frowns. "I don't need help! I-. . .Fine, I confess. But I'm just going to let myself die in the Class Trial."

   Komaeda's eyes widen. "What?! No, absolutely not! There's no hope in that! I'll keep you safe. . .But, may I ask, what was your motivation for this? This is something I'll need to know. . ."

   "I had no choice! He. . .He wanted to get out of here, I saw him and Souda plotting to kill you!" He explodes, "I couldn't let that happen! Not to someone I care about so much!"

   Komaeda tenses, staring at him in shock. "Wh-me? You should have just let him kill me, Hinata, now you could die too! Why. . .Why would you go through all of that trouble over someone like me?!"

   "Because I love you!" Hinata fires back, "And I couldn't just let you die! No matter how bad you may want it! I don't mind dying in your place!"

   Komaeda's eyes narrow. "Then love has made you a fool. That should not have been your motivation," He folds his arms over his chest, "Loving someone like me will only get you killed and here it is," He sighs, turning towards the door, "I won't say a word. . .But I hope it was worth it. Goodbye, Hinata-kun."

   He departs, leaving Hinata alone in his cottage. There's really no way Hinata could love him. . .A love so deep and strong that he would literally kill for him. . .

   "You're such an idiot, Hinata-kun. . ."