"This Isn't You"

POSSIBLE TW: Attempted Murder, strangulation

HAJIME POV

   Tsumiki-san said Komaeda has the Bloodlust Disease, right? Something about having an nearly-irresistible urge to kill but too sick and tired to actually act on it or something. Still she recommends exercising caution around him.

   I knock on the door. "Hey. . .Komaeda-kun? I'm coming in. . .Please don't kill me."

   There's no response so I twist the knob and enter the room.

   The fluffy-haired boy is sitting up in his bed, sweating heavily, lifting his head to look at me.

   "H-Hinata-kun? . . .Y-You really s-shouldn't be here. . .It's not safe here with me."

   I shut the door behind me as I slowly approach the bed. "You're not going to hurt me or anyone," I promise firmly, "I won't allow it. I'll keep you under control until this motive is over, I promise."

   I take a seat by his bedside and he immediately sniffs, sitting on his hands. "It's okay. . .Komaeda-kun. . .Even if you snap, I can stop you, don't worry. I won't let you try and be a Blackened ever again."

   Komaeda falls silent for a moment, staring at his lap.

   "See?" I encourage softly, "Just remain calm. Everything will be alright."

   He then shoots me a desperate look, eyes swirling. "Hajime. . .Hajime, I've really g-gotta kill you. . .I need to paint the walls with your blood. . ."

   I automatically lean away from him, trying to take a few deep breaths. Tsumiki said I've just got to keep both of us calm and everything will be okay. . .

   "Komaeda-kun, it's okay. It's all part of your disease, you don't really want that, do you?" I try.

   The fluffy-haired boy slowly pulls his hands out to look at them. And then he looks at the shut door.

   "Hajime. . .Hinata-kun. . .Help me. . ." He whispers.

   "What? Komaeda-kun, it's fi-"

   He lunges across the bed, wrapping his pale, boney hands around my neck and squeezing hard. "I've got to kill you. . ," He mutters, a certain edge to his voice, "I won't be satisfied. . .until I do! Die, Hinata-kun!"

   "Ko. . .Maeda!" I gasp out, clawing at his surprisingly-strong grip, "Please. . .stop! T. . .This isn't you. . .!"

   "Die!" He grunts, "Die! Die! Die!"

   "Komaeda. . !" I sob desperately, trying to throw him off of me, "Please don't! S. . .Stop!"

   This continues for another good ten seconds before something seems to shift in his eyes and suddenly the pressure is gone. I gasp, inhaling as much air as I can as the fluffy-haired boy practically collapses into my chest.

   I sigh, breathing deeply, wrapping my arms around him and holding him close.

   "I'm sorry, Hinata-kun!" He wails, crying into my shirt, "I'm so, so, so sorry! I promise I didn't mean to. . ."

   I bite my lip, rubbing his back. "I know," I mumble, "I understand, I know. There were no new repercussions. . .Besides, you probably won't remember any of this after the motive."

   "Hinata. . .You guys should tie me up again. . .In case I try to do that again. . .please, it's for the safety of everyone else's. . .I can hear your heart, I wanna rip it out. . .Hinata-kun, stop me!"

   I jump. "Okay, Okay, I'll see what can be done," I lie him back on the bed, pulling the covers up to his chin, "Just relax, shut your eyes, I'll be back with some rope or something."

   "Thank you. . .Hinata-kun, my saviour."

   'What kind of a disease is a bloodlust, murdering disease anyways. . ?'