"They're Dead"

POSSIBLE TW: Major Character Death

 There's a very slim chance that when Komaeda wakes up from the program that he's going to live. Between the effects of the dead hand on his arm, the effects of the Program events on his brain, and his existing illnesses, he didn't think there was a very good chance.

   Hinata glances at the timer left on Komaeda's Psych dive. Six hours, twenty-seven minutes remaining. If he was even going to have a chance, he would have to act fast.

   'Izuru, is there something you can do to help him when he wakes up? . . .Please, I can't lose him. Not now.'

   'I understand. Komaeda is very special to me as well,' They agree slowly, 'But even now his condition is poor and we cannot be certain he will wake up. However, I will do my best and take over when he is about to wake up.'

   Hinata exhales.

   'Thank you, Izuru.'

   The brunet stands, moving to hover over Komaeda's pod, gazing down at his slumbering form.

   "You. . ," He mumbles, "You can't die on me. You can't be giving me Hope by just being alive in a coma just to crush me by dying anyways. Come on, Komaeda-kun, you can do it. Wake up and insult me or something one last time."

   'Dance with me one last time.' Kamukura mumbles, hovering close in case something happens. 

   Hinata lingers for another moment before turning away, deciding to go get some food.

-

   Kamukura pilots with only five minutes left on the Psych Dive. They sigh, shooting a quite glance at the clock. 1:24am.

   'Our body really needs to sleep more often. . .'

   They would have a talk with that about Hajime at a later time.

   They then spend the next few minutes gathering everything they're gonna to need before hovering over the pod, trying to tune out Hinata's anxious mumbling.

   'You better do your best, Izuru.'

   'I'm going to need you to stay quiet, Hajime.'

   The lid slowly lifts, revealing Komaeda's form. His eyelids flutter as Kamukura immediately begins checking him over. 

   "Nagito. . ?"

   "Ah. . ," He slowly opens his eyes, "Kamukura Izuru. . ."

   "Yes. However Hinata is also here. But come, you must get to the Hospital right away so I can treat you properly."

   Komaeda smiles weakly, letting Kamukura help him out of the pod, trying not to let the exhaustion overwhelm him. 

   "Still love you, Izuru. . ," He mumbles, black spots beginning to flood his vision, ". . .I love you. . .Hinata-kun. . ."

   And then his world goes black.

   'NAGITO!' Hinata shrieks, fighting to get through but Kamukura quickly shoves him back. 

   Kamukura falls to their knees, beginning to work silently and quickly.

-

   Hinata comes to inside an empty hospital room, slumped down in a chair. He glances at the clock, catching the time. 6: 32am.

   "What happened?" He mutters, sitting up and scratching his head, "Why is this room empty? Where is Komaeda-kun?"

   'Hajime.'

   Hinata flinches. 'What happened?' He demands, 'Tell me.'

   Kamukura is silent for a moment, confirming Hinata's worst fears.

   '. . .I tried my best,' They answer finally, 'But he was already too far gone. I could not save him. I am sorry.'

   Hinata is silent for a long moment, trying to process the information, tears prickling in the corner of his eyes

   "No. . ." He whispers.

   'They're dead. I am sorry. . .I know you were beginning to love him.'

   'I know you love him too. . .I just can't believe he's gone!'

   He tilts his head back and lets out a pained wail. He doesn't know if he's ever recover.