xxiii. Canis Major

this chapter contains a scene of a non-consensual act or behaviour. 
viewers discretion is advised.

- ✦ -

     Christmas morning in Hogwarts felt different.

     Cassiopeia and Cepheus haven't decided whether it would be a good kind of different or a bad one. This year was the first year they spent Christmas in Hogwarts, also the first year they spent Christmas while they weren't on good terms with each other.

     It felt weird for Cassiopeia to not immediately jump into Cepheus' arms to wish him a merry Christmas, it felt even weirder to Cepheus when he had to shake his twin's hand and pass her the box of presents instead of hugging her and without her kissing his cheek for a thank you.

     Cepheus could only silently hope that at least Orion would give him a hug when he finally gives her her present.

     They were just done with opening their presents when they walked out of the Slytherin Common Room, heading out to the Great Hall for a late breakfast when Cassiopeia slowed her pace from beside Cepheus, gripping his hand to motion him to slow down and let the others walk first. When they were finally at an appropriate distance from Theo and Draco, Cassiopeia immediately turned her head.

     "Hey, Ceph," Cassiopeia prompted, Cepheus immediately turned his head, a puzzled look on his face as to why his twin–who hasn't made up yet with him–is suddenly talking to him in a calm tone.

    He lifted an eyebrow, waiting for her to continue.

     "Remind me again what Orion's favourite flower is," Cassiopeia squinted her eyes, a vague pout was formed on her lips.

     Cepheus' brows began to furrow, not understanding the sudden trivia coming through Cassiopeia's mouth, but a tiny smile finally formed when he realised what she was talking about.

     The calla lily brooch.

     "Not calla lily, nor any lilies for that matter," Cepheus finally said, this time he squinted his eyes to Cassiopeia who tilted her head, waiting for him to finally let out what Orion's favourite flower was.

     "Narcissus," they said together, their voice was stern and sure. There was no question on what their cousin's favourite flower was. It was and always has been narcissus, thanks to her grandfather.

     Cassiopeia hummed in an instance as they started to approach the Great Hall door, her gaze finally landed on their cousin who was sitting on the Ravenclaw table, smiling and nodding at what Hadria was saying.

     "Figures."

     "If you want to go back to your friends it's totally okay with me," Orion said softly to Hadria who was sitting next to her while trying her best not to interrupt Padma who was animatedly talking about Quidditch.

     Hadria tore his gaze from Padma to Orion, his eyes immediately softened as he began to smile. "Why would I want that?"

     Orion rolled her eyes as she chuckled, there was no way someone could be that charming.

     "Potter asked me to the ball the other day," Cho prompted while she rubbed her mouth lightly with some napkin.

     "Did you say yes?" Padma asked her as she turned her head to face Cho.

     Cho hummed for a bit in an answer before she scrunched her nose.

     "Woah, are you okay?" Hadria immediately asked when they saw Cho was shaking her head after she looked like she was just about to pass out.