Part III - HERCULES, order of the phoenix

- ✦ -

Defeat, my Defeat, my deathless courage,
You and I shall laugh together with the storm,
And together we shall dig graves for all that die in us,
And we shall stand in the sun with a will,
And we shall be dangerous.

- Khalil Gibran

- ✦ -

     There was a reason why Orion Mikaelson was not a painter.

     Painting was messy, Orion never did like messy. She liked everything to be in place, in order, neat. That's why she has always been more inclined to ballet and poetry. The only paintings that Orion Mikaelson liked most likely were her father's, although she would never want to try to interpret any of them. She tried once, the outcome was not something she particularly liked; her father was lonely. She did not want to know any of that. She never wanted to learn the reasoning behind all of his wrath, so, she chose to stay and hide behind poetry.

     The basement on the Mikaelson Manor was once a cellar, a place where her father used to hold his enemies captive, bled them dry until the vervain in their bodies ran out in order for him to compelled them into doing his bidding or to get information out of them. She learned about that two terms ago in her Defense Against the Dark Arts class, people took vervain to avoid being compelled by vampires. The effect of being compelled was no different from being cursed by one of the Unforgivable Curses that Professor Moody demonstrated to them, the Imperius Curse.

     Persephone Mikaelson was the one who turned the torturous cellar into Klaus Mikaelson's art gallery. Not many people knew Orion's father as a painter, but everyone knew him as a monster. An evil creature, the sole reason certain laws were made by a bunch of nasty people that claimed themselves as good people, yet at the same time were the ones exploiting those who were weaker than them; the ones who punish people just because they were different. Orion was glad when their family chose to step away from the Ministry business, Orion never did like those people. They were never allies to her family, the only reason why Marcel kept up with them was to make sure they knew where they stood with the Mikaelsons, not the other way around.

     Our family are not good people either, Orion still could hear Cassiopeia's words to her lingering in her mind.

     But, who gets to say whether someone was good or evil?

     "Your father was one great painter," Orion heard someone say from behind her as she stood in the Mikaelson Cellar, in front of one of her father's unfinished paintings.

     "He was," Orion answered with a soft laugh, nodding her head in agreement. She felt Vincent walking towards her, standing beside her with his hand on his back while admiring the painting she was looking at.

     "Tell me who you are," Orion deadpanned without turning her head towards him. "My family may trust you, but I don't know you."

     "What do you want to know about me?"

     "Has my family ever brought you any pain?" Orion asked, her tone was steady, inflicted with deadly venoms.

     Vincent Griffith snapped his head towards the Mikaelson heiress next to him, furrowing his eyebrows yet his mouth was turned into a smile. Orion Mikaelson is a force to be reckoned with.

     "Lots of time," he finally answered, his voice was soft but stern.

     "Then why are you still helping them?"