vii. Leo Minor

- ✦ -

     Everyone was thrilled after the match between Ravenclaw and Slytherin a week after the start of the term. Although, not for Orion and her friends, her house was beaten by Slytherin because Hadria Shafiq played Chaser. No one blamed Cho, as it was understandable, it was her first match and she faced Malfoy, who was notoriously one of the best Seekers that Hogwarts has. It didn't take Malfoy as long as it usually would for him to catch the golden snitch.

     Cho admitted that she was nervous that morning, she even told Roger Davies that maybe it was better if they let Hadria play for this one, however, the rest of the players were supportive enough and said that it wouldn't have mattered if they win or not. Well, unfortunately, they should've let Hadria, that was for sure.

     "Maybe I should just drop out of Quidditch? If I can't face Malfoy, surely I wouldn't be able to face Potter," Cho said, to Padma and Orion at the breakfast table.

     "Cho, listen, you're good, I promise," said Orion. "You were just nervous, it was your first time playing."

     "Yeah, I mean, Davies didn't say anything bad, right?" Padma asked her while taking some bacon from the table and putting them on her plate.

     "Listen, it has been what? A Week? Two weeks? Since the match with Slytherin, and you've been practicing non-stop, and I meant every night with Davies and Shafiq, kind of non-stop. You would be better than you were before," Orion said, encouraging Cho who was head-down playing with her food.

     "Although, Harry has got a Firebolt with him," Padma said when they saw the Gryffindor team on their table, a few students were somehow guarding the Firebolt like it was some kind of treasure.

     Orion kicked Padma's legs under the table when her gaze wandered to the Gryffindor table, "But, I'm sure you're going to be fine." Padma said when she realized how nervous Cho was looking.

     "Just play safe, okay?" Orion said, patting her shoulder to ease her tension.

     "I'm going to Harry for a bit, wait for me by the door, yeah?" Orion said before walking off to the Gryffindor table when she saw Malfoy, Goyle, and Crabbe were already there to take a closer look at Harry's Firebolt.

     "Sure you can manage that broom, Potter?" Draco said in a cold drawling voice.

     "Yeah, reckon so," Harry said nonchalantly, he was not about to get triggered by Malfoy's presence that was for sure.

     Draco was about to throw an insult to Harry when his pale eyes caught Orion walking to Harry's seat.

     "Hey, Harry," she said, "just wanted to say good luck and play safe," she patted Harry's shoulder and Harry looked up to her and immediately smiled.

     "Only Harry?" Fred asked and then whistled in a teasing way and he could see a red tint crept up to Harry's cheek.

     "You know, Orion, there's a whole Gryffindor team here," this time it was George who teased her.

     Orion rolled her eyes, "good luck to you all, play safe, okay?"

     "Mikaelson, you do know that they're playing against your house, right?" Crabbe asked her, Orion thought he was mocking her when she saw his face and realised he was genuinely asking.

     "Do you think I'm stupid, Crabbe?"

     "Don't talk to her," Draco said through his teeth to Crabbe who was turning red, he was about to say something but immediately zipped his mouth when he heard Draco, who was looking at her with narrowed eyes.