Chapter 25: Awkwardness

Kakashi peeked in to see Iruka with Naruto and Sasuke. He stared at Iruka awkwardly.

"Kakashi" Iruka said in a funny tone. "What brings you here?"
Kakashi took a good three seconds before replying "I was looking for Naruto".

The only seat was the one next to Iruka since Sasuke was sitting in the corner. So Kakashi sat down next to the chunin and gave his order.

The awkwardness seemed to double.

Naruto looked at Sasuke as if he was seeing something different about him. Once again he thought. Do I...like-'

'NO!' I- I can't' his mind argued. 'That's just...'.

His mind was so occupied that Sasuke happened to look at him. He noticed that Naruto's cheeks were tinted pink. Somehow it made him stare at the boy.

Next to Naruto was Iruka. He looked at Kakashi. He seemed to be looking better today. But Iruka couldn't shake off the feeling of wanting to know what was troubling him.

As he was looking Kakashi looked back at him feeling his gaze.

Iruka's heart jumped. He quickly broke eye contact. He then fiddled with his chopsticks nervously.

Kakashi noticed his behaviour and smiled under his mask. 'He's so adorable' the jonin thought.

Slowly, they began chatting amongst themselves. Though, Naruto & Sasuke never spoke directly and neither did Kakashi & Iruka.

Kakashi talked to Naruto about his safety, considering that he possessed the nine tails.

"Oh wait. You don't know about Naruto possessing the nine tails do you Sasuke?" said Kakashi.

"I already told him a while ago sensei" said Naruto.

Kakashi was surprised. 'He's already told him? Sauske hasn't shown any difference in his behaviour towards him though' he thought. 'I never expected Sasuke to accept him so easily'

Iruka was also slightly surprised. But he was glad that Sasuke could accept Naruto despite his nine tails. He was happy that Naruto had someone he could trust.

Iruka then added to Kakashi's explanation and also talked about how Sasuke might also one day be targeted for his sharingan.

"So be careful and don't fool around" Iruka finally said.

"Yeah yeah. We get it sensei" Naruto said lazily. "You know you're starting to sound like the old Hokage gramps"

"Don't call him gramps" Iruka said with a sigh.

As they went on arguing Kakashi gave a small laugh. "Now now Naruto. You should make a habit of listening to your senseis" he said.

Naruto scoffed.

"So how're you feeling? Has anything strange or unusual happened lately?" Kakashi asked Naruto.

"What do you mean by-" Naruto began.

"St-ran-ge" he said slowly. Naruto was then reminded of the times when he had passed out.

And of course that time he and Sasuke-

Naruto blushed hard all of a sudden. 'WOAH! Can you not think about that?!' he told himself.

'I don't think you can' said the other voice in his head.

Seeing his nervousness Sasuke answered instead. "He passes out sometimes"

Naruto gave him a look as if to say 'No, no no, no, no. Don't you dare tell them!'