Chapter 18: Sorrowful Love

{A/N: I apologise if you were expecting Naruto x Sauske. Please look at the image above. Almost 1 month since my last update. This is the longest chapter I've typed. So enjoy.}

{EDIT}: Decided to edit to make it a bit better 😊. 

------------------------------------------------------------------RATED T!!!------------------

Kakashi sat in a dumpling shop watching the genin and the drama that was happening. He had followed them to make sure Sasuke hadn't dumped Naruto. He was pleased to see that they were actually getting along with quite well. 'Sasuke's taking good care of him. He even bought him something' the jonin thought. 'It's almost like a first date' he chuckled.

Kakashi huffed 'Those two.... it'll be interesting to see how their relationship progresses. Wonder how long it'll take for them to realise it though' He sighed and exited the dumpling shop.

Close by, a girl in a black cloak had also been watching. She smiled mischievously. 'Well well. This sure is interesting' she thought.

Meanwhile as Kakashi was walking, he passed by Ichiraku. It just so happened that Iruka exited the shop at that moment. When he saw Kakashi he smiled and greeted him. Kakashi heart jumped when he saw Iruka and he smirked under his mask.

The two began chatting as they walked. Iruka asked about Kakashi's well being at once.

"I hope you're feeling better. Did you have the breakfast I made you?" Iruka asked.

"Oh yes I did. It was really good. I'm surprised you learnt to cook so well despite living on your own." Kakashi started flattering him immediately.

"Well...it's not as good as Ichiraku. But I'm glad you liked it" Iruka said. "Also I'm sorry about yesterday..."

"What's there to be sorry about? You helped me Iruka. And I'm very thankful" Kakashi said.

Yesterday, his nightmares had frightened him and quite a lot. Add to that the headache and his left eye feeling as though it was about to pop. If he had been alone god knows how he whether he would've been able to sleep or not.

"It's fine Kakashi sen...Never mind, just Kakashi right?" Iruka smiled. "If you ever need me to accompany you please don't hesitate to call me".

"Yes I certainly will..." Kakashi said in a sly tone, with a glimmer in his eyes. Iruka certainly noticed it and smiled shyly. Kakashi then asked "In a few days, perhaps we could go get a drink together?"

"Sure. I'd love to. Though...my alcohol tolerance isn't good" Iruka chuckled.

"Don't worry too much. If anything happens I'll carry you back to your home" Kakashi said in a flirty tone.

Iruka chuckled and blushed. He looked at Kakashi and said "Well...it's too bad I only have one bed"

Kakashi was taken by surprise. He laughed and Iruka did so as well.

Behind them in the crowd, the girl in the black cloak listened to their conversation. Once she heard what they were saying her face turned red. 'Oh my God...what the hell are...scratch that, why are they talking about this in broad daylight!!! Ahhhh!!!!' she thought, and proceeded to nosebleed at the thought.

'Damn you! Stupid leader.... Sending me off on a mission alone.... Not that I mind watching all the cut sleeves* around here'. Again, she chuckled while blushing wildly. 'This is definitely way more fun than those two young boys from earlier'.