Chapter 30: Deception

"Let's go!" said Naruto. "Shadow Clone Jutsu!"

A hoard of clones appeared and ran over to attack Zabuza's clones.

There was an intense fight. Some of Zabuza's clones fell but Naruto's clones went down faster. The assassin chuckled and each clone took down at least five of Naruto's clones at once.

Soon, there were only a few of Naruto's clones left. Among them one shouted "Hey Sasuke, catch!"

He threw something over to the Uchiha.

Sasuke caught it then his eyes widened for the fraction of a second. He quickly spun around and unsheathed his giant shuriken.

"Demon Wind Shuriken" Sasuke murmured and he unfolded it. "Windmill of Shadow!"

As he said this he stood in a stancc and threw the shuriken.

The clone smiled smugly and dodged it easily. The real Zabuza behind also dodged it by moving behind the water prison.

At this moment Sakura eyed Sasuke and nodded slightly. Then she ran forward.

As she advanced Zabuza's clone stood in front of her.

"Shadow Clone Jutsu!" Naruto sent a hoard of clones and jumped at the clone of Zabuza.

Sakura took this chance and advanced towards the real Zabuza who was keeping their sensei trapped.

"Cha!" She threw a strong punch at Zabuza. The latter caught her hand in his fist.

At the same time Sasuke threw another shuriken towards Zabuza.

The clone tried to intervene. But Naruto's clones annoyingly latched onto him.

Sakura then used her left hand to take out a kunai. She then tried to stab Zabuza from under.

Zabuza clicked his tongue and used his foot to swipe at Sakura's feet.

The said kunoichi lost her balance and fell into the water.

The shuriken Sasuke has thrown was approaching fast.

'That'll get him!' thought Tazuna.

Just in the nick of time Zabuza dodged by jumping.

Tazuna gasped. "That was so fast!"

Sakura swam up for some air and saw the shuriken.

As the shuriken passed him Zabuza laughed "That's your plan?!" he mocked.

Then, several things happened in a matter of seconds.

Sakura swam towards Zabuza. Then she used her hands to grab at Zabuza's ankles pulling him downwards.

Zabuza grunted. 'This girl looks puny but there's strength coming from her bones' Zabuza was still standing but Sakura pulling him down made him stuck on the spot. Zabuza lifted his sword aiming it at Sakura. "Time to die"

Sakura winced.

In that moment there was 'poof' from behind.

"Eat this!"

Kakashi's eyes widened in surprise.

For the shuriken had transformed into Naruto, who threw a kunai at Zabuza.

Zabuza frantically turned around. The kunai was aimed at the hand he was using to trap Kakashi. With the girl holding him down he couldn't jump. But his other hand wasn't free-

Pure instinct led Zabuza to wrench his hand out of his Jutsu. He then swiped with his sword at Sakura, but she quickly dodged it by swimming away.