Chapter 14: Don't Go

"Welcome! What would you like to order ?" said Ayame, the daughter of the shop owner.

Iruka and Kakashi gave their orders and waited patiently. While they awaited their meal Iruka asked "So, did those three pass the test?"

Kakashi smiled "They may not have the skills yet, with the exception of Sasuke, but I'm sure they'll do well. They do understand the importance of comradeship" said Kakashi. "So yes they passed".

"Really? I'm glad to hear it. Thank you Kakashi sensei" Iruka said with his face lit.

"Hey now, don't call me sensei. You're not one of my students. We're friends okay? Call me by my name. And also, there's no reason to thank me." Kakashi stated. "They figured it out on their own. You've taught your students quite well, Iruka" he said, being a sweet talker.

"You flatter me. All I've done is show them the way. The rest is up to them" Iruka said with a lovely smile on his face and a slight blush. When Kakashi saw this his heart twitched, he smiled under his mask and he almost whispered 'Damn' out loud. Luckily he managed to keep his mouth shut, even though Iruka probably wouldn't have heard it. 'He is, so, adorable' Kakashi thought staring at him.

"By the way, how's that wound on your back?" Kakashi asked wanting to keep the conversation going. "Oh it's alright. The medical Nin are very good with their job. It's healing and it's not really that big of a deal" Iruka replied. "Well that's good to know" Kakashi said smiling cheerfully.

Iruka smiled. He really enjoyed being with Kakashi. He was calm, kind and he didn't gossip a lot, unlike the other shinobi around. Iruka really respected him for that.

"So what about the others?" Kakashi inquired. Iruka began to talk about the other teams and his other students. "Asuma sensei is leading Team 10 which is the Ino-Shika-Cho group. Their team also passed. Kurenai sensei is leading team 8 which is..........."

Kakashi listened to him as he talked, with his chin resting on his hand looking at him intently with an attentive, mesmerised look as if he were staring at a beautiful painting. He was smiling under his mask and though he was listening to what he was saying there were many other thoughts running through his head. The way he talked about his students as if they were his own kids was really cute. His smile lit up Kakashi's soul. He had beautiful brown hair and gorgeous dark eyes. He noticed that Iruka's sleeves were rolled up which showed his slender wrists. He didn't wear gloves and his hands were also delicate. Not as much as a women's but still. Very few men had them.

Kakashi recalled that his speed in battle was amazing. His whole body seemed delicate but also very well built. Kakashi began to wonder, what his body looked like under his clothes. 'Woah, let's not go there' he warned himself.

Luckily their meals were served right about then. Two bowls of hot steamy, delicious smelling ramen were given to the them. "Enjoy your meal gentlemen" said Teuchi, the owner. After saying "Itadakimasu" they began to eat.

They ate mostly in silence and every once in a while they would talk about the village, some of the shinobi and about the upcoming plans of the Hokage. Iruka smiled happily enjoying his presence. It was the first time he'd sat down with someone to eat with. He felt at such ease being with him. Iruka realized that Kakashi was probably the first person who had been this kind and respectful towards him. He knew that it wasn't just for show, like the others did with him so that they could gossip.

As they talked Kakashi kept staring at Iruka and took every chance he got to compliment him or make.....appealing comments. The more they talked the more nervous Iruka got. Yet he also felt a bit.......excited. Their conversation went in an interesting direction. Even Ayame couldn't help smiling. There was no one else in the shop at the moment so Kakashi didn't back down.