Part 1~Prolouge: Fear and Anxiety

Naruto stood in a large field surrounded by people. He recognized them as the people of his village. The ones who gave him dirty looks and called him names every single day.

"Monster", "Freak", "Nine tail brat", "Murderer" they whispered over and over again. Slowly they advanced and Naruto knew that they were going to kill him. He was scared. He felt fear building up inside him. The people came closer and closer and Naruto panicked. Then all of a sudden the villagers started throwing stones at him. Some of them missed but others hit Naruto really hard. Naruto felt immense pain all throughout his body.

'Stop.. please' Naruto thought as he tried to contain his tears.

Please it hurts so much..

For a moment they stopped and Naruto slowly looked up, but as he did the people started kicking, punching and hitting him with long bamboo sticks.

'No....It hurts....It hurts!' Naruto tried to scream but he couldn't. He had lost his voice. Naruto could do nothing except curl up and cry, his tears flowing uncontrollably as the people hurt him over and over and over.....

Then suddenly they stopped and there was an eerie silence.

'Huh? What happened' Naruto thought. He looked up and saw a shadow approach him. Naruto felt scared and wiped his tears to get a closer look. He was surprised to see who it was.

The person stood there with a kunai in hand, observing the villagers with a menacing look in their eyes. The villagers slowly began to retreat one by one.

'What..?...how...?...why....?...' Naruto wondered.

The person looked at Naruto with a gentle expression on their face. There was kindness and love in their eyes as they approached Naruto. Step by step they walked until they were close as they could be.

This person put one arm around Naruto's back and gently pulled Naruto towards them. The person stroked his hair gently as Naruto rested his head on their chest. As he heard this person's heartbeat they whispered softly in his ear.

"Don't worry. I'm here and I'll protect you".

In this dream Naruto felt warmth in his heart. He fully trusted this person and believed that they would stay by his side.

But all of a sudden a murder of crows encircled them. They cawed and flapped their wings vigorously. It was then that Naruto realised that the person was no longer with him. As he searched for him he saw them in the distance standing alone. Their arms full of scars, their legs bound with chains, snakes slithering across their body and a strange black pattern across half his face.

The crows cawed louder and louder and seemed to be getting even more aggressive. Somehow, Naruto understood what they were trying to say.

"He deserves to die" said one.

" It wasn't his fault. He was influenced" said another.

"He left the one he chose to love after making a promise. He betrayed them all. He has no right to live!" another shouted.

"Give him a second chance" said a different one.

"No let him die" another argued 

On and on they argued, flapping their wings and screeching loudly. None of them saw as the person sank into an ink black hole behind them. As Naruto tried to reach out to them he shouted "No....don't give up...come back to me!" But his voice was stuck once more. He dropped to the ground and cried even harder than before. The crows all cawed louder and then....

"Get him!" they screeched and dove down to attack Naruto.....

Startled Naruto woke up from his nightmare. His heart was pounding and his mind was racing. It was the middle of the night and he could hear dogs barking in the distance. He was terrified at what he had seen. Yesterday the villagers had done exactly what he had seen in his nightmare.

Naruto didn't know why people hated him so much. It wasn't fair. Why couldn't he have a normal life with parents, friends and be respected by others? It just wasn't fair at all.

And that person in his dreams.....Who was he? The moment he woke up he had completely forgotten in his panicked state.

Naruto lay there in his bed half-awake. He couldn't sleep, he was scared. He pulled his covers closer towards himself. Somehow after tossing and turning for what seemed like an hour Naruto finally fell asleep.

As he was doing so he realised that the person he had seen in his dream was Sasuke.

'Why him...?...' Naruto thought before falling asleep.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! I hope you enjoy my story. This is a newly edited version of my prologue. {If you're reading this after Sept 24 2020 then don't worry about it.}

For my old readers: What do you think of this prologue? I know it was always too short and a bit boring so I wrote this. There are a lot of crows in my area and this story includes Sauske too.

Please do comment on what I can improve after all this story was made for all of you readers. 😊

Stay safe! 🧡💙