Chapter 3: Determination

It has been quite a few days since that particular day, when the incident occurred. Today is the genin exams where all academy students take the test to become full fledged shinobi. Naruto and Sasuke have both been avoiding each other and haven't exchanged a word nor have they got into a fight.

"Alright! Finally, the genin exams!" Naruto said. "I can finally become a real shinobi!".

Naruto was happily skipping towards the academy. "I'm gonna make sure I pass. I need to become hokage after all." Naruto thought. 'I'll will prove to everyone that I'm not useless especially...."

Naruto suddenly stopped as he thought about Sasuke.

'Damn!' 'What if I end up in the same team as him?' 'He's going to humiliate me forever for crying in front of him like that' Naruto thought. 'He did apologize, though I'm pretty sure he was mocking me'.

'Well there's no point worrying about that now' Naruto thought. 'Though not having a rival to compete against is kinda boring. It's makes going to the academy kinda pointless. I should probably talk to him.

'Sasuke, Sasuke, Sasuke! What's the deal! I mean I know he's the best genin in the entire academy, and I know he can do like, anything. But he's like so stuck up and even though EVERY SINGLE GIRL is like head over heels for him, he never smiles.

"Wait why DO I CARE!! It's not like that's important." he thought.

--------
Sasuke was also making his way to the academy. As he was walking he saw Naruto.

'Why do I keep thinking about him. It's getting ridiculous.' Sasuke thought. But as he looked at Naruto he desperately wanted to talk to him.

Sasuke didn't want to admit it, but not having a rival to compete against, made going to the academy slightly boring. He enjoyed seeing the look on Naruto's face every time Sasuke succeeded and Naruto didn't. He would get really angry, pout his face and make stupid excuses. It was so cute.

He's cute..... Wait! Why am I thinking like that? Sasuke thought feeling embarrassed all of a sudden.

Nonetheless he caught up with Naruto.

"Oi what's the deal with you dobe?" Sasuke said.

"Huh?" "Ooooo Sasuke!" Naruto replied. "It's nothing. And by the way why would I not avoid you? I hate you" Naruto scoffed.

"You mean you give up on being my rival then?" Sasuke smirked.

"Ah..well...no. Of course not!" Naruto said. "I'm gonna beat you Sasuke! Just you wait!"

"Tch. As if.." Sasuke scoffed. But deep in his heart he was glad to see Naruto smiling and being his usual self.

"WHY YOU SASUKE!!!" Naruto shouted as he attempted to punch Sasuke.

Sasuke calmly caught Naruto's fist in his hand. Naruto moved forward attempting to throw him back.

But Naruto is Naruto and as he tried to counterattack they both lost their balance and fell right on top of each other.

"You idiot" Sasuke said. "Get off me"

Since Naruto was the one on top he decided to get up but his arm was linked under Sasuke's and when Naruto moved he tensed.

"Hey! Stop it.." Sasuke said scrunching his body. "What the hell.."

It took a moment for Naruto to realize that Sasuke was feeling ticklish.

"HA! Does that tickle Sasuke?" Naruto teased. He was felt pleased knowing that he was overpowering Sasuke. He tickled Sasuke even more.

Sasuke tensed. When Naruto touched him, it had felt strange. He had felt a jolt run through his body. "Stop it!" Sasuke said unable to control himself. "Damn you..." Sasuke cursed. He grabbed Naruto and used a new technique he had learned at the academy to flip him over.

"You brat" Sasuke said smirking.

Naruto laughed hard as Sasuke tickled him. Both of them were fighting and tickling each other non-stop."That's enough please!" Naruto finally said. Both Naruto and Sasuke were breathing hard. They had tired themselves out.

Suddenly the morning bell rang at the academy.

"Crap I'm late." Sasuke said. "All thanks to you, loser"

Naruto flashed a smile. "Your'e really sensitive Sasuke! You should've seen your face, you looked like a helpless girl." Naruto teased.

"SHUT UP!" Sasuke shouted clenching his teeth. "You weren't any better" he said as he picked himself up.

"Ya ya whatever, it was totally funny though" Naruto said getting up.

"I hope you fail loser, because I don't want you on my team" Sasuke said. But deep down he felt slightly guilty for saying that.

"Like I need you to decide my future, Uchiha" Naruto pouted his face.

"I know you're never gonna be hokage, not with that stupidity of yours" Sasuke scoffed and made his way to the academy.

For a while Naruto just stood there clenching his teeth and tightening his fists. "That damn bastard! I'll show him!" Naruto shouted. He ran towards the academy determined to pass the exams and prove that he was worthy of being hokage.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! What do you think of my work so far? I really need some encouragement😊 Please if you can comment and vote! It would really be great encouragement for me! Thank you!!