Chapter 8: Guilt

After getting a shuriken on his butt for trying a sexy jutsu on Sasuke, Naruto was furious. Sasuke had managed to use an escape jutsu, catch up to him and they had fought. Sasuke had, in a way sort of won.

After meeting their jonin sensei, Kakashi Hatake and giving their introductions they were told to meet at the training grounds early in the morning for a test. After promptly disappearing with a 'poof' the genin began to make their way home.

Sasuke was walking quietly but his head was filled with many thoughts. 'Why am I stuck in a three man squad? I want to become a stronger shinobi to reach my goal. Instead I'm stuck with an annoying girl and that idiot'

Thinking about Naruto immediately made him remember of the accident that had happened. It made him panic all of a sudden and the whole thing was just so embarrassing. He felt something in his heart that he had never felt before. a feeling that he knew so well. And for some reason he remembered his older brother. 'Itachi' he thought with hate. He couldn't describe the feeling he had at the moment. He remembered clearly when he held Naruto in his arms and when he cried, Naruto sulking when he failed the genin exams and his smiling face when he passed. But what was it? Sasuke was absolutely frustrated and didn't know how all of this was related to the one man he hated the most.

"Hey Sasuke!!" Sakura called. "Let's walk home together." she said. "No. I going to prepare for tomorrow. You should do the same Sakura" Sasuke said coldly. Sakura hung her head low, rejected once again but she sighed as she was used to it.

"I could walk home with you Sakura" Naruto proposed.
"No way dimwit. The only person I'll ever walk home with is Sasuke." Sakura said.
"But why him? He never listens to you in the first place! He's mean and a show off. You shouldn't stick with him. Just ditch him." Naruto said.

"Shut up Naruto. Don't insult Sasuke. You're so bratty and annoying. Anyway, Sasuke-kun!!! Come on, let's walk home together. Just this once. Please!!!"

"No" Sasuke coldly replied. He was really annoyed and didn't want to talk to anyone. Whenever Sasuke thought of his past he always seemed to become anti-social and angry. Sakura had a disappointed look on her face. "But Sasuke-"

"Just shut up. Walk home by yourself. You're not a child." he said. "Sasuke please!!" Sakura begged.

"I said no. You're annoying. So why don't you just leave me alone, you useless runt?" Sasuke said coldly.

Both Sakura and Naruto looked at Sasuke in shock. Normally he would just ignore everything but today it seemed he was really angry. "Sasuke..." Sakura said sadly but Sasuke gave the girl a frightening cold look and Sakura quietly left. Sasuke also began to walk his way home. Naruto ran after him, confused and slightly angry with Sasuke.

"Now look what you've done" said Naruto angrily. "I don't really care. Besides she's annoying." Sasuke said.

"But you can't just hurt her feelings like that. Can't you imagine how she must be feeling right now." Naruto said. "What you did was just mean!"

"Like I said I don't care. If you're worried about her go check on her yourself. It's not my fault." Sasuke said.

Naruto gritted his teeth. "You know how she feels about you. You're so heartless! What's gotten into you all of a sudden?" But Sasuke simply ignored him as they walked through the streets of Konoha.

'Why is he in a bad mood today?' Naruto thought. 'Is it because...' "Is it....Is it because...of that accident earlier today" Naruto stammered. At the mention of it Sasuke panicked remembering too much in detail about what had happened. His mind was racing and his thoughts were jumbled. "It isn't because of that, you idiot! I don't care what happened. That has nothing to do with how I feel."

"O yeah. Then why are you so worked up about it? You're usually calm and ignoring everyone." Naruto argued. Then he spoke softly "Look I get it. I stole your first kiss" Naruto blushed slightly. "But that-"

Anger took over Sasuke. " I don't care! It was your fault in the first place. You can go kiss your mother for all I care. O wait you don't have one do you? Go away you idiot" he said without thinking.

For a moment both of them stopped walking. There was no one around since it was a small alleyway. Naruto gave Sasuke a cold hard look.

"I get it. I don't have a mother. But that's why it's so hard for me." Naruto said."I might've never met my mother but I won't let you insult her like that!"

Naruto had always tried to imagine what his mother might be like. To not even know the love of a mother; it was as though a part of his soul didn't exist in his life. It always left a hole in his heart.

"You never know. Maybe she's not so honorable as you think. Have you ever considered the fact that she might've abandoned you?" Sasuke said. "Not everything in life is the way you think it is."

"No way! Shut up Sasuke you asshole!" Naruto shouted.
"You're useless anyway!" Sasuke stated. Naruto thought about it for a minute. 'No...it can't be' Naruto thought. "Sasuke."

"Stop following me. I don't need you around me." Sasuke said angrily.

'He doesn't want me near him' Naruto thought heartbroken. "You. I...hate you." Naruto said his voice cracking. With that he turned around and sprinted towards his house trying to hold back tears that he had shed so many times. The first drop of tears slid down his cheek. 'I thought Sasuke might've just been that one person who would accept me. Am I really a nobody? Does no one want me?' he thought. Naruto felt betrayed and alone once more. For the person whom he thought could understand him didn't acknowledge him at all.

Sasuke stood there and watched the boy run away. 'Good. Now I can rest easy. My thoughts will finally clear' he thought. But he was wrong. Soon afterwards he had a heavy feeling that was clinging to him. He walked home, went about his daily routine of cleaning, cooking and reading. But even when he went to bed he couldn't get rid of it.

'Naruto, crying.'

Sasuke remembered the day when he had held Naruto in his arms. He remembered as Naruto held onto him as if the Uchiha was the only person that was left in the world to protect him.'He's probably crying, even now.'

And then Sasuke realized that the feeling he was weighed down by was guilt. Deep inside his heart he was desperate to hold Naruto in his arms and comfort him. He didn't want the boy to cry. Sasuke realized that he didn't want Naruto to feel lonely for he knew that would break Naruto's heart.

'Why...do I always think....of him?' he questioned himself.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Phew finally! I'm sorry this took so long, but I'm typing in secret. My mum might go insane if she finds out. If any of you have any advice on how I should advance with my story please comment. I need some help. If you want any other boyxboy pairings comment that as well. I'll update tomorrow! Stay safe! Love y'all.

Make sure to vote and comment! We're almost at 500 reads!