16. The Liar

Warning: Mentions of rape and molestation  ⚠️

Your heart dropped at the sound of your childhood best friends name. How could she organize a hit woman network? No, this isn't her. She would never kill people, she is sweet and caring and loving. Silence fell over you like a depression of self-guilt for not seeing the signs of her. Never have you seen her show anything that could compare to a killer.

"How is work going V?"

"Good it's definitely not how they explain it during school. Being with real patients is a lot more nerve racking and with my other job it's so busy. Sorry we haven't been talking"

"Hey! It's okay we are both busy but with our lives. I'm so happy we both got out of our hell holes."

"That's very true. But I have to tell you about my co-worker her name is Hannah"

"Oh she's a nurse? Why didn't you tell me about a Hannah earlier" Vanessa expression dropped at your question, clearing her throat. "I mean her name is Heather i've been mixing people up lately "

The flashback rendered in your brain. Along with another one.

Her smile reappeared over her face, "Thats so exciting! I wish I could've had the guts to join the FBI but I couldn't even if I wanted to"

This is when the high really started to hit you out of no where. When you eat edibles it's not like smoking it all hits you at once mostly, and these seemed strong. "Why is that?"

"Dunno just too risky" she shrugged.

This whole time she had been talking about things that your subconscious turned a blind eye too. Why would she be doing this? No, your not throwing your best friend under the bus. Whatever happens you will do everything to protecter even if she is the liar.

Because your whole life she has protected you. Oaths don't mean much to you right now. Vanessa had been your ride or die for 25 years and you can't drop and leave her now. All you have to do is not get caught.

"Wait Y/n isn't that your best friend?" Morgan furrows his brows and looks you in the eye. Your only talent growing up was learning to fake cry so might as well use it.

"Y-yeah but she would never do this" you voice cracked slightly but they couldn't tell. You blinked your eye so a single tear would run down but not more. Didn't want to over due it.

"Hey is okay sweetheart this is very sudden" Emily says as you wipe the forced tear from your face. Snitching is not your thing.

"Sorry but it's just so crazy that someone would make a lie like that" you say.

"Sometimes it's the people we think we know best" Spencer was right but she was just scared you would turn her in but now that you know your going to do everything to keep her out of jail, as the house you grew up in was yours.

"Your right- damn i'm sorry I don't know why i'm crying" you laughed dryly.

Everyone gave you a sympathetic smile, including Penelope even from Virginia. "Y/n did she ever tell you anything to incriminate herself, it could be something simple like mixing up names" Hotch mused, his stern face creating goosebumps on your skin. You controlled your micro expressions as you were with a bunch of profilers.

"No. We mostly talked about our teen years together" they really think your going to turn on her. Wrong bitch.

"Okay well when we get back, go home Garcia already started to bug her phone to listen to any conversations" Hotch explains. "and Y/n please be careful around her anything that slips you need to tell us peoples lives are at stake".