♡♤◇ FOURTEEN ○♤♡

Sax closed the photo album, setting it on the bed. He grabbed his keys and went back out into the living room. Just as he walked past the low table something caught his eye.

He walked over to the lotion bottle and got on one knee, looking it over.

He tried to ignore the uneaten KFC on the table, and three ashtrays overflowing with more cigarette
butts.

He blinked a few times. A frying pan with dried blood on it was on the floor next to an empty Coke bottle.

Tommy hates Coke. He never drinks Coke.

Jadish lives for Coca-Cola products...

Why is blood on the floor, chair, frying pan and the bottle?

And why was one of Jadish’s earrings glittering under the chair?

He didn't like the feeling in his gut. Sax called the hospital from his cell phone. He went through a series of automated prompts, which got on his nerves.

He pressed “0” for Operator.

“I wish to speak with a Tommy Bullard.”

“Is he an employee or patient?”

“A patient.”

“Hold, please…”

“OK.” Why was Tommy admitted into the hospital? Did Lenny know? What was going on? He knew the frying pan, Coke bottle and his wife’s earring told a story.

What was it? He would get to the bottom of it.

“Yes. He’s a patient here…”

Sax held his chest. “What room number is he in?”

“Room 567.”

“Thank you.”

He hung up, running out of the house.

🎲♠️🎱

Lenny turned off the TV, standing up. He felt a weird sensation in his gut but before he could give it much thought it dissipated into nothingness.

“Why would Sax leave without telling us good bye?”

“He probably went home to his wife.”

“Yea, I suppose. But that’s not like him to just up and leave. Especially after we spent the day together fishing and shit.”

“What did you catch?”

“Some panties, high heels and fledgling clits,” he joked and she didn’t find it funny.

“Watch it, Lenny.”

He hugged her. “Ah, Baby. I’m just playing. You know this is your dick.”

“Whatever.”

Lenny kissed her lips and squeezed her ass. She melted from his touch. She gave him some tongue.

“I’m about to shower,” she said. “Wanna join me?”

“Yea. Get the water started.”

She kissed his cheek, walking towards the bathroom. The phone rang. Why did Miami Jackson Memorial Hospital come up on the Caller I.D. screen?

He picked up the phone.

“Hello.”

“Hey, Lenny.”

“Tommy?”

“Yea, Man. What’s up with you?”

“I’m about to go hop in the shower with my wife. Why are you…?”

“Well, go handle your business. I’m at a party, having a good time. Brandisha’s here.”

Lenny narrowed his eyes. “Really?”

Tommy laughed nervously. “Yea. She says hi.”

“Let me talk to her feisty ass.”

“She just walked off. But I just called to see how you are doing.”

“Cool.” Lenny hung up. He sat on the chair, thinking to himself. Why did Tommy call him from a hospital?

Easy.

He said he was at a party. At a hospital?

Yes. OK, if that were true, then why did he say Brandisha said “Hi?”

Maybe she did. Well, she must be
a ghost because Brandisha died two years ago from breast cancer.

So how in the hell did she say “Hi?”

Tommy, what’s going on?