♠️♠️♠️ TWENTY THREE ♠️♠️♠️

“I lost my family. A man isn’t a man unless he can build a home and run his household successfully, like a  successful business.

Sure, sometimes the NASDAQ will drop or crash, but his home is his home and as long as his woman and child is happy and content under one roof then he succeeded. But I failed.”

“You’re an incredible husband, Dawg. And you are an equally incredible father. Your son loves you. You taught him how to read before he even started Pre-K.”

“I surely did.”

“And you always treated your wife with love, kindness and respect. I remember when I saw you two get married. Remember?”

“Yea.”

“You were glowing, man. You were so happy to be divorced from the older bitch that ran your life that you could barely contain yourself. Your wife has an education and grew up middle class. It doesn’t mean she’s better than anyone else, it just shows that not all
black women grow up in the ghetto.”

Philippe rubbed his thumbs over the top of Sax’s hands. “Thank you, man. I needed to be reassured…”

“So don’t ever say you failed. Your wife failed you. Women want a good man and when they get one they fuck it up with baggage they should have given to the Goodwill before they got married.”

“True. And now I’m losing my wife. And I wanna make love. And I can’t…”

“I have wants and needs and desires…”

“And fantasies and my wants I have never needed because I never got what I needed and now I am a walking, horny toad and all I want to do is fucksomething.”

“I want to fuck something my damn self.”

“What are you waiting for?”

Philippe licked his lips. “The right person.”

“But H.I.V. is out there and STD’s and I don’t have time for all those doctor check ups, unless it’s to check my cholesterol.”

“I’m getting sleepy, Homie.”

“Ok. I gotta get home to Jadish. She cooked me some fancy dinner tonight.”

“And you didn’t go?”

“No. She stood me up for two plus years. Tonight, she saw just what that felt like.”

Philippe stood up, having a little trouble keeping balance.

Sax wrapped his arm around Philippe’s waist, helping him to the elevator.

He feels good next to me, Sax thought quietly...

“I got you, Dawg. What room number are you in?”

“Room 269.”

“OK. I’ll help you. Then I gotta be getting home.”

Philippe’s heart dropped. “Thanks, man. I appreciate that.”

Sax shook his head. “What are best friends for?”

“Tell that to my wife.”

Sax laughed, pressing the elevator button. “Tell that to mine. With her selfish ass.”

The elevator doors opened.

🦋🦋🦋

Lenny entered his home and closed the door and his wife slapped him.

“Are you cheating on me?” she asked, looking a wreck. She’d been crying and she was about to explode.

“No, baby.”

She was punching at him. “Where’s the ice cream, liar? I thought you wanted ice cream! Who is she? Oh
my God, Lenny! I have been nothing but obedient to you and you go out and…”

Lenny hugged his wife. “Baby, calm down. There isn’t another woman. I went to see Tommy in the hospital. He was in a bad car accident.”

“Oh my God! Tommy! Is he ok?”

“Yes. I just left there. I stopped by the store and bought him some things and I sat and talked to him for a while. He’s being released tonight.”

“I’m sorry, baby.”

“I forgive you, Honey. I’m man enough to handle you. That’s why I married you.”

She kissed her husband. “What’s in the bag?”

“I had to buy some rat poison. I saw a rat behind the washer.”

“Make sure you kill it.”

I already have.