Chapter 9

You laid shaking in your bed, yet another nightmare shook you to your core. You wiped the teal tears from your eyes and sat up, waiting for the nausea to fade from your system. You took a deep breath, in and out. 

     "Are you okay?" A voice sounded next to you. You looked at the candy blooded troll at your side as another tear escaped your eye.

     "I'm fine." You said. "Everything's-" Your voice cracked as you began to sob.

     "Oh!" Kankri got up and held you in his embrace. "I think you aren't as okay as you seem. Let's try to go back- oh. It's almost nine. We should get up. Come on, let's make breakfast."

     You nodded and slowly got up. You took a quick shower before joining Kankri in the kitchen.

     "I already started making some breakfast circles for us, I hope you don't mind." He said. 

     "Yeah." Your voice was small and weak. "That sounds great." You got out a pan and started frying some bacon.

     "_______, I think that you should join something to take your mind off things." Kankri turned to you. "Maybe a class at the library, or some sort of club. It isn't healthy to dwell on such morbid things as your have lately."

     All you did was nod. Of course, you agreed, but right now the bacon needed tending to.

~~~~~Time skip~~~~~

     You opened the doors to the library, the cool temperature and the smell of books met your being and you walked in. A large cork board caught your attention and you strolled over to it.

     "Learn to Cook, Book Club, Troll Rights, oh, Coding for Beginners?" You looked at the paper. No registration needed, no background needed, all you need to do is show up. The first class was even in twenty minutes. "This looks cool." You thought aloud.

     "Which one?" A voice chimed in behind you.

     You jumped a bit. "C-coding for beginners."

     "Oh, that'th cool. You thee, I teach that one." He said, his lisp now evident. "The name'th thollux. Hope you make it-"

     He paused waiting for you to give your name. "_______."

     "Hope you make it, _______." He began to walk away.

     "Y-yeah." You replied as he left you at the board.

     "DON'T FALL FOR THAT FUCKASS'S TRICKS." Someone yelled.

     "Who're you?" You turned around. "Oh, I know you, you're Karkat."

     "HOW DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" He asked.

     "I was Gamzee's moirail and I'm Kankri's matesprit. If I didn't know you, then I'd need to rethink my life choices." You giggled.

     "DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THOSE FUCKASSES!" He groaned. "ONE'S MISSING AND THE OTHER'S A PAIN IN THE ASS!"

     "Hey, play nice!" You smiled.

     "YOU AREN'T MY LUSUS YOU DON'T CONTROL ME." He smirked.

     "I believe that this is a start to a beautiful friendship." You laughed. "My name's _______ by the way."

     "GREAT. NOW WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?" He asked.

     "I'm looking to join a class." You said, looking back at the Coding for Beginners paper.

     "ME TOO. EVER SINCE GAMZEE RAN AWAY AND TEREZI WENT FOR THAT ASSHOLE DAVE I'VE BEEN PRETTY BORED." He followed your gaze. "I SHOULD TAKE THAT ONE TOO."

     "It starts in twenty minutes. You wanna go?" You asked.

     "YEAH, OF COURSE FUCKASS." He started dragging you too the computer room to visit with Sollux.