CHAPTER ONE - DEATH

This is the new version.

Same storyline, same OCs (still no romance, chill. Just plot)

________________________________________________________________________________

Running on the ground with quick speed was a male with long hair tied into a pony with red tips, dark red eyes nearly brown and a mark on his forehead. This male was Tsugikuni Yoriichi, known as the best swordsman in the Demon Slayer corps and the user of the first breath. 

Yoriichi continued to run forwards his eyes scanning his surrounding, with a stressed expression displayed on his usually calm face. This only meant one thing, there's something happening to his brother as he continued to run. 

His older twin brother Tsugikuni Michikatsu was someone that he deeply cared for. While the rest of his family ignored him aside from his mother just because he wasn't the oldest, his brother did not. 

Although Yoriichi had left his home after their mother died, the two brothers were always on par with each other no matter how far apart they were. It must've been something that happens with twins. 

The first time they saw each other again in years, was when they met at the Demon Slayer Corps. That time they were over joyed and even when they tried to hide it, the other Demon Slayers were able to catch onto their happiness, which they thought was cute reunion.

That was the opposite feeling that Yoriichi currently felt, he was not filled with happiness but anxiousness praying for his older twin's safety. His brother is currently in trouble. From the words of a friend, Michikatsu had been taken by the demon king himself. 

Clutching the wooden flute that his brother had carved for him by hand when they were little, Yoriichi ignore the fatigue he felt from returning from a mission and continued forward.

TIME BREATHING: FLASHBACK

When Yoriichi got back from his mission, he went back into the Corps head quarters and tried his older brother Michikatsu (which was usually really easy considering they pretty much had the same face), but when he couldn't spot the male, he felt a little confused. His brother should've been back by now but, where is he?

He walked around head quarters when someone bumped into him. In the boy's eyes, he saw a hint of relief which he thought was a little weird.

"There you are Tsugikuni!" said the male with green hair.

"I think it'll be better if you call me 'Yoriichi', I have a twin brother after all. Why are you in such a rush? Where's Michikatsu as well? Wasn't he on a mission with you?" questioned Yoriichi, his eyes clouded with worry.

"W-well, I was actually trying to find you to talk to you about something. It's about Michikatsu...." answered Hizu, scared to tell Yoriichi about what happened. He knew how close the two brothers are, so he really didn't want to be the one to tell Yoriichi what happened but... he's currently the only one who knows.

"What happened to him?" asked Yoriichi, his voice louder. He placed his hands on Hizu's shoulder, making the other increasingly nervous. 

"Well when we were heading back from our mission.... we ran into Kibutsuji Muzan..." answered Hizu. He felt the grip on his shoulders tighten. The expression on Yoriichi's face looked more... dead than usual. 

"What happened after that?" Yoriichi questioned with a stern tone.

"We tried to hide since it was unlikely we'd be able to take him on because we were a little tired, but he saw us so we tried to run. When we were running I wasn't fast enough but Michikatsu refused to leave me behind. Eventually Kibutsuji caught up to me and attacked me, but Michikatsu jumped in front of me and blocked it with his sword then told me to run."