Chapter 35- The aftermath of a fiery battle

WARNING!!!: Anything past this point is either season 2 spoiler or manga spoiler!!!! Don't say I didn't worn you if you didn't read this.

"Muzan always likes to keep his distance away from me. He doesn't even bother correcting me or yelling at me. Do you know why? It's because he's scared of me. He's afraid of me because he can't control me like the rest of you who're just pawns who he'll dispose of when he becomes the perfect demon. His plan is perfect except, how can he kill someone he can't even touch?"

Hizu finally let go of Akaza and walk away until he suddenly stopped in his tracks and turned around, eyes glowing crimson red,

"Don't you ever call me that ever again...it's f*cking disgusting."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The slayers gathered around Kyojuro as he began speaking, 

"I will make you my successor." smiled the hashira.

"..Hai." everyone started crying.

Suddenly, the flame hashira asked, "Did I do good enough?".

Michikatsu looked in the direction of where the flame hashira was staring at. There stood a woman with black hair and a warm smile. 'It must be someone close to him.' thought Michikatsu, staring the the ghost that no one else could see except for Kyojuro and him.

"You did well my child." said the woman.

A smile formed on Kyojuro's face, before his head dropped and his body became motionless.

"Ara ara, it seems like Rengoku-san has become unconscious." said a female's voice.

It was Shinobu.

"Shinobu-san, please save him." pleaded Tanjiro.

"Don't worry, he's just unconscious from blood loss. He's alive." said the insect hashira.

The kakushi started to treat the injured and carried Kyojuro towards the direction of the butterfly estate. 

Michikatsu stared at the pieces of paper in his hands, ignoring the voices around him. On one piece of paper, it was a letter from Yuta to Hizu telling him to tell him (Michikatsu) that Yuta was waiting for him at the red light district to talk. The content on the second piece of paper made Michikatsu alerted. Curses were written in messy hand writing with a red "ink". "WHY WAS IT ME THAT HAD BECOME LIKE THIS AND NOT HIM?" "I HATE BEING HUMAN" "I'M A FREAK", all kinds of words full of hatred covered the page. It must've been ripped out of the book that Hizu had in his back pocket that had fallen out. 

'What does he mean by 'I hate being human'? Isn't he a demon? Obviously humans can't stay alive for hundreds of years. The cut on his arm didn't heal either. Did it just heal very slowly?' wondered Michikatsu.

"Michikatsu, we're going." called out Yoriichi.

Michikatsu hurriedly hid the pieces of papers in his clothes before running towards his twin brother.

"Where are we going?" asked Michikatsu.

"First we're going to get our wounds treated(well the humans), then I want to go somewhere." answered Yoriichi.

"Where?"

"The Rengoku estate."

Time breathing; first form: time skip*

Yoriichi and Michikatsu were now standing in front of an estate with the name plate "Rengoku" on it. They had decided to only go with each other and let the others rest at the butterfly estate since they were still tired and crying their eyes out, waiting for Kyojuro to wake up.