Chapter 52- Inheritance of the fallen

The two quickly rushed over and saw Muichiro practising with the dummy. 'That doll... it kinda looks like...' Tanjiro was bewildered.

"That is the fighting doll my ancestors made a long time ago. 'Yoriichi Zeroshiki/Yoriichi Typer Zero'," said the kid.

"It kinda looks like my brother..." said Tanjiro shocked.

"I noticed when I saw him before. What is your brother's name? I forgot when the person before called for him," asked the kid.

"....Yoriichi."

---------------------------------------------------------

"I guess 'Yoriichi' is a pretty popular name," chuckled Tanjiro before asking, "why are there six arms?"

"According to my dad, the doll was modelled by an actual swordsman. They had to give it six arms or they couldn't imitate his movements," explained the kid.

"So who was it made after?"

"Sorry, I don't know much either but it dates back to the Sengoku era."

"S-Sengoku?! You mean it's more than 300 years old?! How has it not broken after all this time?!" Tanjiro was beyond shocked.

"It's construction is superb so if it breaks we can't fix it with out level. My dad suddenly passed away and I have no siblings so I have to be the one to fix it, but I'm not good at making blades or dolls. This person (he's referring to Muichiro), he's amazing. "

He's as young as I am but he's talented. Well of course! That boy is a descendant of the sun breathing user!" Muichiro's crow appeared, alerting the kid and Tanjiro. "He's a genius! He's completely different from you! Hohoho! Ha ha!"

"Tokito's crow? The sun breathing is the first breath!  So he's really amazing... but he doesn't uses sun breathing..."

"Shut the hell up! I'll dig your eyes out!" Muichiro's crow seemed to be annoyed by Tanjiro's words.

"But it's true. If Tokito can't use sun breathing then why can my brother use it?" said Tanjiro looking confused.

"Shut the hell up! Yoriichi is another story! Caw! Caw!"

"Oh! The dream! I saw him in a dream (talking about the doll)!" Tanjiro suddenly exclaimed.

"What? You're a moron. Have you been here before? So you know a warrior from the Sengoku era? How old are you?" retorted the crow making Tanjiro make a dumb face.

"Sorry about that, I must've looked stupid," sulked Tanjiro.

"No, no! Maybe it's a memory that was passed on? It's a common saying in the village. Appearances aren't the only thing inherited. Living beings pass on memories too. For example, someone remembering about the first time they've forged a sword. Or knowing something you've never done before. We call those inherited memories.  So the dream you saw must've been your ancestor's memory!" said the kid.

"Ridiculous! Ridiculous!" chanted the crow.

"Thanks, you're so sweet. My name's Tanjiro. What's yours?"

"I'm Kotetsu. You don't have to listen to this bully of a crow," said the kid now identified as 'Kotetsu'. 

Crack*

Everyone's attention turned to the doll whose armor had cracked after Muichiro had slashed it. Kotetsu who was upset immediately ran away and Tanjiro ran after him. Tanjiro had found Kotetsu on a tree and thought he was about to commit suicide o he started shouting things to make Kotetsu come down.