Prologue: Heroes and Villains

-God's POV-

In the world, there are two types of people. 

The good and the evil; those who fight for the right reason and those who fight for the wrong reason; the heroes and the villains; the heroic and the truly despicable.

But if you've read the last books, you should know that. You should know that heroes and villains come in all sorts of forms. The ones who relay information, hacking into the enemies systems to gain essential and valuable data for the upper hand; the ones who fight against the other side using violence to solve the situation at hand; the ones who kidnap, interrogate and turn against their loyalties; the ones who are gullible and turned because they couldn't see the truth; the ones too curious for anyone's liking, discovering too much before being found; the ones whose dreams aren't too far, only to be crushed by unfortunate events; the ones who direct the armies and plot their plans; the ones who desire revenge for all that has been done to their loved ones, willing to lay down their life to save the day; the ones who travel from far to help people in need. The list goes on and on. 

But what makes a hero, a hero? And a villain, a villain? 

Is it their past? Who they are today? Their goals? Their perception of the world? Or is it purely a stereotype which we have upheld for so long?

Because behind every villain is a story. A story how they were driven into the dark side, powered by villainy, chaos and hurt. What we never seem to see is who hurt them or caused them to become who they are today. 

Now, this may not be the case for our main villain now, but the original villain of our story was driven by something and that set off the series of events that got us to today. The events leading up to defeating that villain varied, but the way our heroes chose to do it set them down this path; a path where villain after villain would be their own family and friends. At first it was Octavio, then it was Tar Tar reborn, and it goes on until now. 

'You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villain.' And this is true. Octavio didn't start out evil, neither did Tar Tar or any of those turned evil. They lived long enough to become the villain. But in their eyes, they were the world saviours; they were the heroes. Our heroes to them were the villains. And it's the same for us. Our protagonists are the heroes, but those going against them and fighting are the villains. One of our protagonists even died, showing that they were a true hero, even if they were brought back to life soon after the unexpected event. 

So it's all perception based. 

Each team rolls the dice, playing their move and trying to gain the upper hand in order to win the war. Avengers Infinity War and Endgame, the Hunger Games, Divergent, the Dream SMP, My Hero Academia, Star Wars, Harry Potter, Demon Slayer. Most movies, animes, mangas, roleplays, books and so much more follow this--teams fighting against each other as the good and bad, labelled by how we've been forced to watch or read them. 

Now, you may be asking yourselves 'how does this link in with the 38 Saga?' Well, let me answer that for you. 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

So you guys really thought I'd give spoilers to explain? Nope, you'll just have to find out as you read along. But remember...

It's all perception based and roles may change because of how people see each other.

Now, why don't we go visit our two sides? See what they are up to?