Epilogue PT 2: Until Next Time

A.N: It's been a while huh? Let's end this book then. Enjoy (:

-A Year Later-

-Nyx's POV-

In all honesty, the last year has been... Peaceful? Turns out, when the commission assigns you to a case without you knowing, you get to live with your partners and actually have a life. Downside is having no clues, no contact with the team, or any sort of direction until you find the anomaly or problem within in a universe. From the little information I've been given from Adrian and his surprise visit... it's bound to be something big. Well, that's what he's gathered saying he has also been assigned to this case (I'm top of the top, so why did he find out and I didn't?!). 

Well, whatever it is, nothing has happened... yet.

Other than that? Most of us moved to the Splatlands, specifically Splatsville, the city of chaos. (Heh, even in death, Pearl and her spirit continues to live). Cora got promoted to Captain after everything that's happened to Callie and Marie, and they ordered all active members to move to our next location, knowing that where squids and octos went, chaos and evil followed no matter what. So, we packed up and left to go beyond Inkopolis, despite it being many of the teams homes. It worked our pretty well for us too. New turf war maps, brand new weapons (even if Lance whined about having to put his Areospray PG out of commission) and a new environment to be a team in. Everyone's somewhat sane, and we're enjoying the peace and quiet whilst we can. The only people to stay behind were Marina and Lukas. Marina couldn't let go so easily, especially with the way she walked to Mount Nantai every other week. But, people grieve in different ways, so none of us could force her to leave that place until the time is right. 

For now, we wait. There's not much else to do until we're invaded or needed for a new mission. But, this time, we hope it ends up being easier and a lot less chaotic.

-Many moments later in the timeline-

-The Commission-

"Sir, we've found them. The person the multiversal anomaly detector flagged us about in universe 0038, and it's... unexpected to say the least."

We rush back down the corridor the way I came, papers flying out of my hands that I was about to pass to the boss, the door at the very end on the right flying open and slamming into the wall. I rushed in after the door swung each way a few times, stopping so I could open it without putting a hole in the wall... again. 

Everyone within was stood up, eyes widened as they stare on at the screens, our boss stood over the balcony watching the footage. It was... horrifying. Whispers from one another flood the room as they looked at the camera, dropping the body from their hands and smiling creepily before the feed blacked out completely. Universe 0038 was flagged to us all years before now, and never before had we considered intervening  completely and stopping it ourselves. The ultimate anomaly. The one that got away from our radars and our watchful eyes for so long. And no one ever saw it coming. 

I walk forward, pushing the glasses up to rub my eyes before passing the boss the papers, going to speak before he turned to me and spoke first. 

"This is bad, yes, but don't send the teams in. I'll talk to the board first. Keep everyone on task and calm, this anomaly changes nothing until you have orders." And from the papers he pulls out the file, the picture staring right back at my gaze as he passes it to me. It may have remained unchanged from the time it was taken, but all that was seen was the creepy smile and the ink covering their hands...

"Keep an eye on them. We can't loose track of them now, not when a universe is at stake."

A.N: It may have been a little lackluster, but it did the job of finishing it. Hope you all liked it, and let me know your theories on who the anomaly is and who dies in the final book. Thanks all, and enjoy your days (: See you all  in the finishing parts of this book

- Catalyst