Chapter 12: Shifting The Sides Again

A.N: So... Hi! I'm back from my hiatus :) After a few writing sessions in car on my way to and from things, as well as a few writing sessions at home, I've got a chapter for you to get used to uploading again. A good 2500+ word chapter at that. It's quite lore heavy, I guess, with a few cliff hangers, a new character and more. I have 4 chapters to do before the final battle chapter, including this one, and I've yet to decide whether I'm extending the book more or not, but for now, have a long chapter to enjoy. Personally, writing some of these povs has been amazing, and I hope you guys enjoy reading them. But yeah, hope you enjoy <3
-Catalyst

-A few days later-
-Keigo's POV-
"Zero." "Keigo." We both just stare at each other, hoping for opposite to talk as Tori and Tobi stand behind us, Agent 8 in front of them with chains keeping him on the floor so he can't escape. It had been a couple of days since we captured him, and it was finally time to decide what became of him. We had kept him isolated, and due to our unknown and secret location, no one had come to find and save him.

"So Ze-" "The Agent. What is becoming of him?" "Well, that's what I'm here to talk about, and our plan as well." "Well, get straight to the point don't waste my time by stalling." Zero and I have a... weird relationship to say the least. After I saved it and asked it to join my in world domination, it had started to take over planning and become the one giving all the orders. Even if I wanted to destroy it, I tried and failed every time after realising maybe releasing a century old disease wasn't a good idea in the long run.

"I'm planning on turning Agent 8 to our side instead of using him to test inkblot on. Whilst I may not know much about it and you clearly know much more, I do know that someone as important as him can't be wasted in such experiments, unlike Pearl who I could easily bring to you because of trust and knowing that in the end, she had to be the one you tested on." "...Fine. Take the boy, but I hope you have a plan for his stubborn wife, Agent 3, and the rest of the Squidbeak Splatoon." "Oh, I think you'll find, I already have that all under control. Due to still having the hybrid ink and a couple pyramids from last time my sister tried to destroy the world, I'm going to use it to my advantage and turn those who I feel needed to our side. Agent 3, Agent 7, Agent 2... They'll all be joining our plan if this goes well." Zero's eyes look straight into my soul, a look of distrust in my plan and abilities, but ultimately knowing that if I broke in and defeated it to use Inkblot to my advantage, I could do anything. "Is that all? I have tests o get back to. After all, its been a while since someone was infected." "Yes, Zero. That'll be all..." "Get out of my sight then."

Tobi and Tori grab Agent 8, following my lead as we exit through the door straight ahead, going towards my office where I usually reside during planning. Due to currently being in the mountain base, it was much quieter with my office being closer to Zero's room and much larger than the one in the metro. Once we reach the door, I swing it open with both hands, an elite sitting in the chair at my desk, papers in hand and a camera around their neck.

"Elite Nyx I see you've returned from your mission, I assume you have checked in on the metro as well?" "Yes sir, I have. Just as asked, a pyramid is in place at the specified location, I have discovered the whereabouts of Agent 3's new hideout along with a new threat, checked on the status of agent 2 and all ink production seems to be going well in our better known base. One of the scientists also seems to have reverse engineered the hybrid's ink. Whilst it may not be much, but we now have a small amount of sanitization ink prepared for the plan to do with Agent 3, maybe just enough for a second person as well." Taking the pictures and documents, I look through and a smile emerges from my previously serious expression. "Perfect. Thank you, Elite. Now, I have a further few missions for you, but we shall discuss that later when I have situated out prisoner here into our army. Did you bring the glasses?" She reaches into the bag beside her, a squiffer hanging out of it as she rummages, taking out a few things before pulling out and passing over a case. Within are a pair of the original glasses Octavio created, ones known to Agent 8 and those at the Splatoon. "I can't believe you managed to recreate these perfectly..." Turning on my spot, now facing the Ocotling between his already turned siblings, I step forward, a more sinister smile growing as I made my way closer to him.