Chapter 18: The Squidbeak Splatoon Civil War

AN: Knights of Cydonia is such a great song. Couldn't stop listening to it whilst writing this chapter. Just makes me think of the battles between good and bad honestly

-Lance's POV-

"Cora... You're not supposed to be here. Not now." "Well, Lance, I am, and we're here to fight you."

In front of the base on one side stands Cora, Adrian, Tobias, Tori, Tobi and Sonia, all geared up and weapons in hand. On the other side is myself, Callie, Lukas, Marina, Leon and the twins. Lukas seemed to be stunned at the sight of Sonia, not having being told that she was taken by Nyx originally. Octavia and Orion both just gripped their weapons and stared on at their parents, knowing they had to do something with all the training they'd been doing. Then there was me and Callie - we had been ready for this moment, knowing they'd come for any of us at any time, or even come for Nyx.

"We don't have to fight, sis." "We do. We were sent to take you out after what you did to Nyx. She's a traitor to us, and it's because you bribed her with the commander behind you."

So that was it....

We had started the Squidbeak Splatoon Civil war.

One side fought for good in Inkopolis and for the order to be upheld - somewhat - and the other fought for chaos to reign supreme, and for the end of us because of Inkblot.

"Just saying... If you're taking me, it won't be alive, because I ain't gonna stop fighting. I beat you easily, Cora." "Well, we'll just have to fight to survive then. Adrian, you and me take Lance. Everyone else, take your own targets. Let's have some fun, shall we?"

Everyone stands apart, and in an instant, the fighting begins. Shots from guns, punches and kicks, anything to gain the advantage. As I took on both Agent 3s, which was a mistake to do alone, even as the top rank X player - they both removed their own limiters, so they had multiple specials - the Twins took on Tobias, Callie took on Tobi, Leon took on Sonia with Lukas, and Marina stayed back, trying to hack into the tech that was Tori's new... Arms? Legs? Cyborg limbs...

I was excessively using bombs as both Agent 3s attacked in sync, one from behind or side and one from the front. As a ranked and league player, I new how to deal with it, but the constant attacks were actually becoming tiring, even for me. Trying to catch my breath? None existant. Usually, I'm awesome in battle, but having two of the best agents fighting me at once? Hell.

It was way way worse than 1 v 4-ing a squad in rainmaker or splazone, just because the combined skill of the two was just about on my level. It was also way worse than the league teams I play against for said reason as well. Yet, despite the issues, I was blocking most attacks and still dodging relitively well, it was just trying to keep the pace at one I could keep up with for longer than five minutes.

"Hey, annoying! Dodge." A bomb is thrown at me, and I swerve out of the way, a little ink splatting onto my cheek as it explodes. "Ha! You missed!" "You sure?" Another is thrown at me, and I barely get out of the way before it explodes. "You little..."

-Octavia's POV-

"Orion! Go!" He runs out from behind cover, dad turning and going to attack, giving me an opening to do the same from behind. We attack at the exact same time, and as we do, we confuse him, returning to next to each other, smiling with our guns gripped in our hard. "Bingo... Just continue like this, Tavi. We just need to take him down and we can get the glasses off." "Got it!"

We continue attacking as we were doing, glancing at the others as we did, realising that most of us were doing better than others - Auntie Rina was struggling to get her programme to work, and Uncle Lance, despite being the best of the best, was struggling to fend mum and Adrian. Uncle Leon had already taken Auntie Sonia down, not giving her a chance after his last beating, and they had moved onto helping Auntie Callie, who had been doing well against Uncle Tobi.